Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Vforce stock exhaust mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vforce stock exhaust mod

This is Bigone's Vforce Exhaust mod. I helped, with welding, cutting, grinding. Bigone supplied a lot of patience and the tubing bender, both of which I didn't have for a project like this. It was a bit tougher than I thought, but I learned good stuff. Thanks, BigOne.

No sound clip or performance review yet. I kinda thought it sounded an awful lot like it did before, maybe a little teeny bit louder? My camera batteries died right when we were ready for a quick movie. I had 10 other batteries in the house that were strong enough for a flashlight, but the camera spit them back out at me. Sorry.

Old 10-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

Hey Nyroc is it possible to do the "Nyroc" exhaust mod to the stock muffler on the V?
Has any one cut the end off a stock muffler yet to see what it look's like?

Old 10-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Any performace gain ? I was thinkin of tring this mod also........Did you have to rejet the carbs?

Old 10-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

I could see that the Vforce stock muffler was different than the 650 muffler.

However, that would not stop anyone (that is a cheapskate) from making mods to it. It certainly can have the end cut off and some news holes drilled, and the end welded back on. I Think it needs something else done on the inside. It is made of perforated tubes. I couldn't see how exhaust got from one side to the other. Maybe splitting the muffler in half lengthwise and drilling the holes bigger. I dunno.

When BigOne zoomed up and down the street, I did not feel that he was attacting attention with noise. He was't very noisy. To some people, that is a bigger consideration than the power. Bigone rides places that I feel are safer for him to be quiet.

Mental, we have to wait for BigOne to check it out. We didn't get done until 9:30 PM or so and I haven't talked with him today. I suspect he needs to rejet, I suspect it will run stronger.

Old 10-19-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

i have to give nyroc alot of credit for this mod, without his help it would not have gotten done, and a big thank you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i wanted the sound of duals without the extra noise (and cost). i ride places that sometimes are some what close to houses.

i have not rode the quad yet, i will let everyone know how it goes as soon as i get a chance, i think i will have to rejet.

i am going to repaint the whole system and do some small ajustments, the side we put on hangs lower that the stock muffler and i will fix that and get some new pics and sound clips up later this week ( i hope).

Old 10-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

Cool let us know if it run's stronger or not cause I am thinking about this cause I'm broke [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2003, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

3tv, i got the stock pipes of of ebay for $50.00 + shipping. i dont know what the kawi charges for it.

the yoshi`s were my first choice for dual`s , the sound clips i heard were great. i needed to keep cost and noise down as low as possible and when i saw the stock pipe on ebay i decided to go for this mod.

9 hours was alot more time than i thought it would take and if i had to go it again i would make a few changes to how nyroc and i made them.

i wont get to ride today it is raining. it looks like i will make the few ajustment i want to make and get some jets and then later this week take it out and see how it feels.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

just got back from a quick ride, the stock dual`s are great sounding at WOT, much more race engine sounding, power must be more due to some new backfires that never happend before and it sure feels stronger, how much stonger is impossible to tell with the butometer. i will get some new jets ordered tommorrow with a k-n air filter and get some kind of snorkle fit in there.

all i have now is the pink spring and the stock dual setup and i cant get over how much better this quad is, alot of improvement for little money.

i will race my brothers kfx 400 to see just how much faster it is. we have run them lots of times with me just betting him by a little. i will know then just how much this spring and dual`s got me.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

Keep us up to date....Great info....

Old 10-20-2003, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

Ok guy's per buykawasaki.com part numbers are as follow's
18088-1222 header pipe per ron ayer's 106.12
18087-0006 muffler per ron ayer's 128.60
So buying them new is out of the question for us cheap guy's.

This is what I'm thinking.
1.Buy stock exhaust off ebay or will accept donation's (hint hint).
2.Cutting off the end cap to see what it look's like internally.
3.If it is a straight through design with baffle's kinda like a Prarie's do the Nyroc mod with as many hole's as possible then with some metal screen welded so it appear's to have a spark arestor weld the end cap back on.
4.Cut the inlet cap off and toss in garbage make new inlet side cap so the pipe can be welded back on for a more straight through flow instead of the off center like it normally would be.do this with both muffler's.
5.Cut the hanger's off the muffler to go on the right side and reweld them to fit where the tool box went.
6.Make a whole new rear cylinder pipe with.
7.Take the whole system to Headman header's here in Atlanta and get them jet hot coated may not cost that much maybe 75$ or so?

Could probably do all this for about 125$ or so depending on how much you can get a set of stock exhaust for and a couple hour's worth of work.

I just bought a house next to one of my best friend's he is a pro welder and has every thing you could imaging needed for welding or making just about any thing in his garage.
We have built a full chromoly chassis for his drag car and built custom header's for it.
The header's only took a weekend and with his car you can not just buy header's for it he has a 70 1/2 Camaro with a 706" big block in it with the full chassis.We had to make the header's ea in two peice's we basically started out with just the header flange and straight tubing he has all the tubing bender's in his garage.The header's had to go around the front chassis tubing that tie's the front subframe to the main section of the chassis/cage in the car and also on the driver's side had to build them to go around the steering shaft (you would not beleave how much room a 706" motor take's up in the engine compartment of this car [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and all that only took 2 day's to do if we had to do it again would take a little more than a day.So I'm thinking this should only take a few hour's at the most and should make more power and look d@mn good after there coated or could possibly powder coat them orange or green my buddy has a home powder coating set up in his garage too and stuff look's very good.
I also have the advantage in that I live approx 200 yard's from southeastern dragway here in Dallas Ga.
It is an 1/8mile strip so I can take My V through the wood's to the strip and test it as much as I want for free as I know the owner so I could take the V there with stock exhaust and then do the stock dual exhaust mod to it and retest it to see if there is any improvement.I am going to make some solid front suspension for the V out of some moly tubing I have laying around so then I should be able to get very consistent run's out of it not having to worry about the front end coming up.Thing is I'm not going to be able to do any of this until March the strip close's the last week of this month and will not reopen till next march.

So any one wanna sale me there stock exhaust for cheap? Donation's are welcome as well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]