Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Too Good to Be True

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Good to Be True

I've recently been looking everywhere for a really cheap buy on a Prairie 650 just to see what I could find. On eBay & on ATVtraderonline.com, I've seen some deals that are very fishy. They have all the necessary info, pics, payment methods, the whole nine yards. However, the huge, "stick out like a sore thumb" difference between these and other ads is the price tag. For example, I found one for $1450, one for $1800 and a few for $2000 with free shipping on all of them. I immediately wrote these off as frauds and figured there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell these people were legit sellers. After awhile I started to sit back and consider that maybe, just maybe they were true. So someone with experience tell me, am I right in guessing these are bogus ads or is there a chance that I'm missing out on the deal of a lifetime. Keep in mind, all these ads had pictures and descriptions that claimed the quads to be in excellent shape.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

dont tihnk about a quad that says its in italy or sometihng, ppl on here have said he was a fraud and crap

Old 10-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a fraud, don't even bother replying.

They will claim to be from a another country, have some story about international money exchanges, fake a delivery email if necessary and even if you just send them a down payment - you are screwed. They may even offer to send YOU a check as security for the exchange. A bad check of course, but that will take time to prove. Keep in mind - THERE IS NO QUAD...IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!! There is no deal here, just a scam to get some of your money.

No one is going to sell a quad for 1/3 of it's value - if they need to unload it that quick they could sell it to a dealer or a friend - not you. Just stick with the old tried but true advice - If it sounds too good to be true, then it is. Unless you can actually lay your hands on a quad that you are planning on buying, you need to just walk away.

Jaybee

Old 10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Your title is correct .......... The priciple is "greed" .... They try to suck you in with the promise of something you really want ... at a price you really wish could be true.

Bottom line ... whenever the process is set up so that you can't pick it up when you pay for it .... BEWARE. I would counsel you ---- that if you ever send money overseas, to someone you don't know, expecting them to send you ... at their expense ... a quad later ... well kiss it good bye ... cause you ain't gona see it again !!!

Old 10-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, in reply to uhh......boob[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], the one for $1800 was indeed listed in Palermo, Italy.