Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Pyer!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pyer!!!!!!

Hey yall, whats the best mod for a stock v. i want somthin not visible when riding so i can make it fasster and just say its stock.

sure would appriciate it!

Old 10-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pyer!!!!!!

do you want it to accelerate faster or have a higher top speed?

Old 10-20-2003, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pyer!!!!!!

Well, both if possible but im not sure cause i do alot of trail ridin but i do like the top end for drags and adrenaline and all that good stuff?

Old 10-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pyer!!!!!!

one of the cheaper things you could do is get a new primary clutch spring. I think that the pink is the better all around spring but the bright green is better for draggin from what I have read.

Old 10-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Pyer!!!!!!

Another thing I've read about that will help alot is a K&N filter and jets, also not noticable from the outside.

Old 10-22-2003, 03:32 AM
Range Rover
Default Pyer!!!!!!

Clutch spring by far is the best mod at the moment for the V possibly better than snorkel or exhaust because the factory detuned the quad with the clutch spring and the cdi.
By just adding a new 20$ clutch spring you will gain better accell and top end because it will allow the trans to shift at a higher rpm than stock which mean's you will have better accell out of ea gear and will let it eat on the top end more.
The cdi also retard's timing so bad that it is killing the V but at the moment we have no other choice over stock Diamond G (due out approx 2 months) is working on a performance cdi and also Vortex (poss early to mid 2004) is working on a programable cdi. I would think with both of these item's the V would be a totally different machine that it is stock.
I ordered both the HPD plain and EPI pink spring's yesterday to see which one I like best.

Per Don at Diamond G they are coming out with a performance cdi poss late next month
With both of these (unseen) mod's the V should fly and should feel like a whole new quad compaired to stock.
Also the Diamond G snorkel would be pretty much unseen unless some one was really looking for it but for optimum performance from the snorkel you will have to cut the indentation's out of the hood for a ram air effect but you could tell them it is for better cooling or something?