Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH

Mojave02, I see you have a warrior. Do you own a belt driven atv and have you tested your "setup" on a P650/700 yet?

Im just trying to get a better understanding of you.

Old 10-24-2003, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds to me like he may be a Sledhead. snowmobile riders have been playing with clutching for a long time. I know the mountain sled riders are always tuning and clutching. Sleds have no problems hitting the insane speeds. The v-force seems to be a conbination of ATV and snowmobile technology. At least that's what originally peaked my interest in the v-force. Mountain sleds from the factory are very fast, but nothing in comparison to a sled where the clutching has been modified. Just my 2 cents worth. Take it for what you paid for it.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

yes i am a big sled guy, that is my field of work. that is what i do all my work and testing on. i have never even ridden the v-force or taken a look inside the clutch and engine. but in my own opinion i think i am fairly correct that in order to make a trailable 95mph+++ machine you have to have it setup somewhat close to what i am telling you. if i am understanding you right i think you are defending that by just clutching and removing the rev limiter you will hit over 100MPH and sorry but that just isnt gonna happen man there is no way with stock cams, stock bottom end, stock pistons, valvetrain, and ignition timing let alone tire diameter that you can run those speeds and still be able to ride like you always did in the twisties. if you say clutch and change the rev limiter to run say 3500rpms more i could be wrong but i think you might float the valves without a spring change. i never said i had a "setup" for these bikes never tested one never plan on it. just suggesting my .02 worth. every engine has it's sweet spot in stock form(cams setup and timing, pistons, etc...) in my experience with sleds the factory tends to clutch just shy of the peak horsepower of machine. now correct if i am wrong please but by going about 1000-+++rpms more then stock with all stock engine components arent we getting past the peak and actually loosing extreme amounts of horsepower? i know on a stock 2002 polaris xcsp600 that the peak is about 7950rpms i did that and gained 3 more horses to the ground but then i clutched to 8550rpm and i lost 12 peak track horses. so tell me how i am wrong. not tryin to fight with anyone, but kissofdeath if you are such a great tuner and builder you tell me how do get that kind of speed out of that bike and still be TRAILABLE????? come on man i really wanna know

Old 10-24-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

o and by the way i am only 15 years old. and kissofdeath i dont know if you are being sarcastic with me or really wanting to know if i had a setup setup. if you want a dyno tuned, field tested potent setup then i will get you one as soon as i get my hands on one of these bikes to test. i will get right on it. i have setup some pretty sick banshees, 400exs, and anything else up in my area. and dont doubt me just because of my age.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Silverado will do over 100mph with my Powertech Programmer. You could say my P700 has done over a 100!!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Mojave02,
For a younge fellow you have done very well I commend you on your exploits you have more knowledge with the workings of a somewhat complex machine than most people. Here is a little tid bit for you to ponder see what you can come up with.

Although peak horsepower so far is at 6500 this the point where the cdi starts decline the timeing almost a soft limiter if you will. When timing and rpm limits are set higher the peak horsepower also moves. Here is the part where the brain takes over, what if the power band hits its maximum peak horsepower at say 9500 rpm as opposed to 6500. If that same stock machine were to complete that rpm in say 300 feet where would the clutching be at. Mostly what size of weights/spring combo would you use, what type of helix would you use.

I have had the V Force to over 90mph and like you say it is a hairy ride!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Mojave, sounds like you have done "a lot" for your age. "Being sarcastic there" but not before. I have my "understanding" for you now.

When you are my age you will have to be the smartest ****** person on the planet.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

I've had my Honda up to 150...

....but then again it is a 99 CBR 600 F4 and will smoke most sports cars out there
(all done on a closed course race track of course)

Old 10-25-2003, 01:00 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

(all done on a closed course race track of course)
Probably the same closed course race track where I overtook and passed my buddy (on a '87 Honda Hurricane 1000 that was topped out at 155 mph indicated). I'm not sure how fast I was going, probably 160 or so but just after I passed him I had to start slowing down quickly as I was beginning to approach other much slower vehicles on this "course". This was before the days of the Hayabusas and other simliar extreme sport bikes but back then it was pretty darn fast for an almost stock machine (he was completely stock and I had a K&N filter and a stage 2 jet kit installed). I still have that bike (an '88 Honda Hurricane 1000 - the last year the CBR's were called "Hurricanes") but being older and wiser now I of course don't do this any more.

Old 10-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

Already had close calls with "track officials" so I try to keep it simple now(thank god I'm not the only motorcycle enthusiast lets say)....pick up chicks and wheelies.....burnies are the devil, my last couple weeks of riding are over unless I get some new rear rubber (down to the threads)

Quick Reply: CI box v force -- no rev limit =102 MPH