Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tackle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tackle?

When I saw a picture of the Prairie 650 I'm buying, I asked the seller about what looked exactly like a winch setup on the quad that was not mentioned in the description. It had the control mounted on the left side of the front rack close to the left handlebar and the "hook" you see on the business end of any winch cable protruding directly from the bottom of the radiator screen in the front of the quad. Basically, the thing to remember for those of you that can't picture this is, it looked like a dang winch, ok. Anyway, they told me it was a "tackle" that had never been used. Maybe I'm just stupid but, I've never heard of a tackle so what the heck are they talking about. As far as I knew (which may have been a lot less than I thought until now), there was nothing that had to do with a winch system called a tackle. Any ideas? I'll gladly e-mail you the pic they sent me if you give me your e-mail address.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tackle?

I DONT KNOW WHAT "TACKLE" MEANS BUT I HOPE YOUR NOT BUYING THIS OFF E-BAY. LOTS OF SCAMS RIGHT NOW.

Old 11-12-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tackle?

Not eBay itself, but a similar service. Ever heard of www.atvtraderonline.com? It doesn't matter though, she's sending the quad first. A very considerate and trustworthy seller.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:39 AM
Range Rover
Default Tackle?

Be very very careful trader online has more scam's on it at the moment than ebay and thing is trader will not do any thing about it there just a classified type system and have no control over what goes on. I would not buy any thing I could not physically put my hand's on now a day's because it appear's the scammer's bread and butter has been online atv sale's it's so bad I'm afraid to buy any thing online even remotely atv related.
JUST A WARNING

Also to answer your question they probably meant block and TACKLE which is basically a pulley with a hook on it. You anchor the hook to something feed line through it and it basically decreases the effort needed to move an object. If you can't picture that do this take the hook and hook it to a tree then take the line out of the winch and run though the pulley and back to the atv and hook the line back to the atv and then operate the winch it will pull you toward where the block and tackle is mounted to the tree. Basic mechanical pulley system make's the winch twice as powerful.

Oh yeah remember the warning above.
Good sign's that something is a scam.
1. The person is located outside the United State's mainly Europe.
2. Offer's free shipping, yeah right who the hell is gonna offer free shipping on something that weigh's over 500lbs think about it.
3. Want's money up front basically will only accept money order , bank transfer , or Western Union type payment method's.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tackle?

So does that mean there is a winch on the quad already then?

Old 11-12-2003, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tackle?

Ive seen hooks on the front mounted solid as places to pull from. Like when using a come along or someone elses winch. Some people call that "Tackle" from my experience.