Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

How do you like your 'V'

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 05:52 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like your 'V'

Hey JJ & JR, we have a 90 acre farm in the family on the edge of Middletown Valley in the foothills of Gambrill Mountain and this is where I ride on weekends at the drop of a hat while I’m out there doing maintenance work.

Other than that I’ve ridden with friends a couple of times in the Thurmont area but riding is too sporadic there (have to go through too much private property and some public road use as we aren’t too familiar with the area). Then I’ve been to the area managed by Tower City Trail Riders (you can go once on a trial basis by paying a guest fee before you join the club, or find a member that’s going and go as their guest). I’ve also been down with friends to George Washington National Forest in VA a few times. Riding is pretty good there but pretty rocky too. Then there’s a 3000 acre privately owned recreation / camping area called “The Cove” near Gore, VA that has pay per day trail riding (very rocky). Finally I’ve made about 8 trips down to Hatfield McCoy since March of 2001 (trips lasting 3 or more days). The H/M trails are my favorite so far. I take both the V-Force & Grizzly when I go to Hatfield McCoy and plan trail routes based upon which quad I’ll be riding that day.

If you guys know of any other local legal riding areas I’d be interested in hearing about them too! Sure we can all get together sometime & do some riding. I’ve seen trails from I-70 going towards Mt. Airy, do you know anything about those? I’m also a member of the Frederick based R&T Motorcycle Club.

Old 11-14-2003, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

i lived in ijamsville for a while that is where the honda trails are. but i havn't been there in two years. i used to go from the honda trails all the way to mt. airy along 70 and twin arch rd. not sure if it is legal but alot of people go and alot of trails there.

Old 11-14-2003, 06:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Some great feedback on your V's guys....thanks.

They sound like awesome rides and they sure do look sweet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

Hey JR, where do you start out to ride the Honda trails ? I have heard about people riding the trails around here, but I cant find where to park with my trailer that wont cause too much unwanted attention.I am only five minutes away from them. A friend of mine did get stopped riding along the CSX tracks but we are all cops are so they usually dont say too much.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:37 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

JJ & JR, I sent JJ a private message about the "Honda trails" and access to them. I may have been on a portion of those trails (beyond the Honda trails) before, in an area that led down to a river (the Monocacy perhaps?). One of the trails went under 70 I recall and then came out in a field that had a no tresspassing sign on it, then it seemed to empty out onto a paved road (can't recall the name of the road). In this particular section there appeared to be only a mile or so of trail. I'll have to hook up with someone that knows the area sometime (if the trails are legal that is, I don't want to risk getting in trouble or my quad confiscated, etc.). BTW riding along the CSX right-of-way is off limits and subject to a pretty stiff fine...