Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-force Plow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-force Plow?

I love my V-force. But my bayou is on it's last leg. And since i have a new quad that i don't ride as hard as it wants to be ridden. and i don't want to have to replace the Bayou with a new quad until at least the Vforce is paid off.

Has anyone mounted a plow on the Vforce yet? Also, has anyone installed a hitch mount on the Vforce to pull a small trailer around? Does anyone know if anyone makes either of these products? Cycle country said there not sure they will be designing a plow for the Vforce. I may take my off my bayou and see if i can fabricate a mount under the Vforce if nothing comes up before the bayou dies and isn't worth rebuilding.

Like to hear thoughts/opinions..

Old 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default V-force Plow?

i would say a plow would not be that helpful with a 2 wheel drive machine,as for hitch mount i put that on right away got it from kawi only 24 bucks,it was a pain in the *** to put on unless u have air tools and it does need a little help fitting but works great.

Old 11-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V-force Plow?

i say you could maybe if you had alot of wieght and chains on the tires and if you don't plow alot of snow how much snow do you think you will be plowing

Old 11-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default V-force Plow?

DO what I did when I sold my old Polaris 4x4 workhorse. Buy a V ....and a snowblower!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 07:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default V-force Plow?

Guys,

Why would i need 4wd? I currently have a Kawasaki Bayou 2wd, and it hasn't gotten stuck once in 4 years of michigan winters. Usually i don't even lock the rear diffential on that because it allows quicker turns with one wheel appeal. 4wd for plowing is really not necessary i've found out. Now, go 4x4ing in the wilderness or through mud, yes, then it is essential; but not for plowing me and my neighbors driveways. With me being 300# and the quad being 500#, there's no concern about traction.

Where can i get the hitch attachment? and yes, i have air tools.

Thanks...

Old 11-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V-force Plow?

how much snowdo you THINK you wil be getting this year how much did you get last year this year in PA were are supposed to get a big snow last year was big this winter is supposed to be bigger

Old 11-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default V-force Plow?

Go to your local Kawasaki shop and order a 650 Prairie hitch. I live in Alaska and plowing snow is not as crazy as some people think on a 2wd. You could also put in ice racing scews in your tires and you could pull wheeles on bare ice.

Old 11-16-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default V-force Plow?

Hey .... if you have used a two wheel drive with sucess before ... then the V will do it also.

I have pushed a lot of snow with a two wheel drive cub cadet , and an open differential.... the V would be way more fun !!!

Old 11-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Range Rover
Default V-force Plow?

You're absolutely right. 4 wheel drive isn't necessary for plowing, as long as you know what you're doing. But I doubt you'll see someone making a plow for the V before you could fabricate a mount. Manufacturers build alot based on "intended purpose", and plowing isn't what the V force was made for. (that would be Raptor killing!) Be creative, figure it out then make 5 of them. Post it in here somewhere and maybe we'll buy em'...LOL.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Trailblazer
Default V-force Plow?

I figured if enough people wrote to cycle country, they'd at least look into doing it. I know they make one for the Polaris Trailboss 330, and that has a independant strut front end and isn't a utility quad. I'm sure they could easily design one for the V. I'm waiting for a response right now from my letter. In fact, i may call today. I'll start drawing up a mount plate for the V as well.

I saw the one for the prairie on the rocky mountain site, but it's out of stock right now. I don't deal with my local kawasaki dealer, their a bunch of hillbillies and had no clue what is involved in a 10 hour checkup for the V. I told them i'd do it then, and follow the owners manual.

Quick Reply: V-force Plow?