Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave fan won't come on

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mojave fan won't come on

Hey folks- the mojave has a fan behind the radiator so when there isn't enough airfow it will click on. Mine never does, never has even on a 91 degree day. Has anyone else had this issue? Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mojave fan won't come on

The fan will only come on when the temp sensor decides it is hot enough. If you want to test your fan all you have to do is: crank it up, and with it running unplug the two wires at the temp sensor, then touch the two wires together and the fan should run.

The temp sensor is located in the right side radiator tank.
do not touch these wires to ground while doing this.

If the fan runs with this test, the only thing that could be wrong with the fan system is a bad temp sensor. But you do not know if it is bad or never gets hot enough too come on. It probably is ok and is not reaching the turn on temp.

I add in a toggle switch that I can use to turn on the fan if I want too. I leave the switch on most of the time in the summer but turn it off in the winter unless it is getting too hot at a MX.

If you want to add a switch just splice into the two wires while leaving them connected to the sensor and run the two new spliced in wires to the switch. Be sure to leave the wires connected to the sensor without interuption and only hook the new wires too them so the fan will still work with sensor activation. You can get a small weatherproof switch at a Lowes store.