Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

newbeatle-Mike Walker bio questions...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbeatle-Mike Walker bio questions...

Hi Mike, just read your bio here and you've whetted my appetite for more details:

1. "My first project I worked on was the rear rack shown in the first pictures, it contains; a full set of tools & spare parts, a full first aid kit, fire extigusher, 3 power outlets, a spare tire mounted on a rim with a special valve stem allowing it to be mounted on the front or the rear ( pumped up to 35psi, for use as a portable air tank as well as a spare ), a tire plug kit, a special hose for filling tires off of the spare, a tow strap, a set of jumper cables, 2 lockable 2.5 gallon gas cans... Oh !! & a water / mud proof AM / FM / CD stereo..."

2. "Now I'm working on a patent pending air induction system that will replace the stock filter & seperate water from the incoming air ( so long as the quad doesn't go completely under water )... this new system will mathamatically flow 3 times more air than the stock set up..."

3. "The project I just completed is a custom 3 shock rear set up to spread the landing forces over a broader area of the rear axel housing, instead of the 2 - 3 inches of the stock mono shock..."

Can you share some more photos & detail with us?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 11-30-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbeatle-Mike Walker bio questions...

PRAIRIE700... certainly, I like to fiddle with stuff... my rear rack, has curently been replaced by a "full contact" H.D. aluminum racing bumper ( I started doing hare scramble races )...I intend to make these 2 racks / bumper easily interchangeable... I have incuded a pair of speakers in the induction system as well, I may set up an amp & MP-3 player into the stock battery location, ( the battery has been relocated to a duel battery tray, in the location of the stock storage box )... this would allow me tunes with either set up...

the induction system, has under gone some changes, as I've added as few cc's to the engine ( 750cc big bore kit ), the filter size has nearly doubled ( now contains 2 - 500 Polaris filters, either K&N, or Twin Air, depending on race conditions )... had I known, that I would have been setting my Prairie up as mostly a race quad, I would have made the system alot smaller... the current model, incorporates a front rack, driving light mounts, 2 air filters, CVT intake air filter, 2 - 5" waterproof boat speakers, water seperation system... it does flow much more air than the stock system, & draws only cool air, & draws air from 12" higher than the stock snorkle... as it is a prototype model, it is much more heavy duty than probably needed, & has been on the quad ( undamaged ), through several roll overs during testing on the race course...

the 3 shock rear suspension, has worked perfectly, & incorporates the stock rear shock, & a pair of Fox racing shocks, that have adjustable preload springs, & are rebuildable, as far as dampening & rebound... with the big rear rack removed, I've found that I need to remove the springs, but the fox shocks, far outhandle the stock shock... the bottom of the shocks mount to a custom reciever hitch, that when used with a KFX 700 rear reinforcing ring, speads out the landing forces over the total rear end, instead of 2-3 inches, in which the stock shock mounts to...

I have a generic e-mail with pictures, that I can send you, if you e-mail me ...