Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Any big changes ciming for the 700 prairie?IRS or EFI??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any big changes ciming for the 700 prairie?IRS or EFI??

The solid rear axle definetely is sportier. I agree with syrupdawg, they should make an IRS model and
keep the solid rear axle model. Maybe they are coming out with a 750, and keeping the 700??
I guess we'll see....

Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 AM
Pro Rider

They already build one, but with a different name lol!!! Artic Cat 650!!! Motor from the prairie and IRS!!! Still gets beat by the honda!!! But wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If its faster thats makes ALL the difference!! Not WHERE it can go but how FAST a UTILITY quad can go!!! I seem to keep forgetting that!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Tellico,
You keep saying that speed doesnt matter but then you start picking on the Arctic Cat that will probably out pull and will still outrun your Grizzly. Yes it has IRS if your wondering and a Kawi motor so that makes it better than a grizzly.

All the others in this thread,
I sent kawi a e-mail and asked wat their plans were for the 0 5 models. This is exactly wat they sent me back "No information will be avaliable on the new models till October 04."

Old 01-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

You know I love comments like that.It's not just about the speed.It's about low end power,smoothness of the twin..and so and so on.Like I told my neighbor the other day,a Cavalier will go anywhere a Corvette will but it's a hell of alot more fun getting there in a Vette.LOL
02 650 camo

Old 01-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

It was my original understanding, that KAWASUKI would be coming out with a 700 cc single with IRS, in '05, but be also keeping the V Twin, with the SRA ... but I've been hearing rumors lately that it may end up only a 500 cc... they have to contend with the 604 lb ??? weight restriction, & it is my understanding, that the weight of an IRS rear suspension, strong enough to handle the power of the bigger V Twin, put the quad over the self imposed weight restriction...the single cylinder motors weigh less than the V Twins... but it wouldn't do anyone any good, if the quad came with a lighter / weaker IRS, that broke all the time, because it couldn't handle the power of the engine... The Artic-Kaw-Zuki, doesn't have that weight restriction, & though it is not as refined as the Prairie, it is much heavier, with the IRS, & may prove to be our best bet, for those looking for the V Twin's power, & an IRS suspension...

I to, would be hesitant to purchase an IRS quad... It, by nature doesn't suit my riding style... However, Honda did a really good job, with the IRS, on the Rincon... It doesn't have the ground clearance of the Grizzly, Sportsman's, or Bomb's, but it does offer, IMO, a sportier ride than the other IRS quads... I would consider a Prairie, with an IRS, if it did perform as well as the Rincons, & had the V Twin engine...

look for more of the 2 up quads in the future, both similar to the Artic Cat's & Bomb's, & also the Yamaha's Rhino... I'm sure we'll see several models, of both styles, until the market sorts itself out

Old 01-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Syrupdawg
Tellico,
You keep saying that speed doesnt matter but then you start picking on the Arctic Cat that will probably out pull and will still outrun your Grizzly. Yes it has IRS if your wondering and a Kawi motor so that makes it better than a grizzly.

All the others in this thread,
I sent kawi a e-mail and asked wat their plans were for the 0 5 models. This is exactly wat they sent me back "No information will be avaliable on the new models till October 04."
No one ever said anything about my Grizzly, YOU brought that up not me, but since you did, where I ride speed is not any issue, so even with the 1000cc v twin engine in the all might prairie, it still wouldnt do me anygood, for me speed doesnt mean nothing to me since it doesnt decide where I can go!!! It would however be nice though!!! I'd ride one, but that lever for lock 4x4 needs a different engagement system!!!! The belt system needs to be updated, now before the bashing begins, its supposed that the Grizz doesnt do well in water, I've never had my belt slip, and theres water and creek crossings year round where I ride, sometmies up to the headlights, never had any probs!!! But I've heard from many people the belt drives arent that good on the Kawi's as compared to others!!! You can't brands like polaris have weak systems to, cuz if you look at photos on the net and in the "BIASED" magazines, you will see mainly all polaris quads in the real deep mud, honestly you see some Grizzlys, but I hardly everrr see the Prairies, also, off the topic, people wonder why Polaris have had reliability problems, look how many Utility machines they sell and look where they take their machines!!!!! Any machine taken throught the wrong stuff for to long will have its days numbered!!!!
In closing the point I was trying to make was that this NEWS shouldnt be a big deal to anyone!!! AC650 and the TWIN PEAKS(if it does come with IRS), already have been made using the Prairie motor and have IRS. So what would be anything new??? Also, if the other manufacturers wanted to built a motor for example in a Yamaha Utility quad like the Grizzly, trust me, they could build one to rip it a new rear end.....for example, YZF and YFZ motors!!! They have their own speed demons, Kawi up to this point only had the Mojave lol, now the KXF, which neither are really anything to brag about versus speed, while Yamaha has so many sport quads!!! If Yamaha focused on just the few quads that Kawi sells I'm sure the R&D could come up with something to blow anyone out of the water, not bashing, not saying mine is better, just saying, look at the number of quads A company sells, versus its competition, remember all those companies have budgets, therefore, a company with less quads can focus on one thing alot more versus alot by other companies like Polaris and Yamaha!

Old 01-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: TellicoGrizz660
[quote]
Originally posted by: Syrupdawg
Tellico,
that lever for lock 4x4 needs a different engagement system

One thing I aint arguing but i was just defending the Praire. All of the people that dont no about the differential lock system fail to realize that all you have to do is pull the lever back and hold it and you cant even tell you are holding it. It is just like you were riding normally. On a grizzly( not to pick on it) you have to stop and shift into the diff lock. I aint saying that the Grizzly is a bad atv i ride with someone that has one. It is a nice atv, plenty of ground cleareance and one of the smoothes rides you can get. Everybody has different riding styles and for you the grizzly is the one that fits you the best. Prarie is my type of atv.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wonder y you never see any prairies in the mud there tellico cuz the prairie just came out and not many people buy kawasaki products there not as big as yamaha and polaris
y did in every mad the prairie won the shootout umm... lets think about that tellico

Old 01-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the real big boys oh god don't you like any power between your legs??

Old 01-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Man I keep getting mail faster than I can delete from this thread!By the way.....MY dad can beat up your dad LOL.I wonder if the guy who made this post was expecting this????
02 650 camo

Quick Reply: Any big changes ciming for the 700 prairie?IRS or EFI??