Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Synthetic oil for my V-Force.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synthetic oil for my V-Force.

Bushwacked,

What Synthetic oil brand do you prefer?

Old 12-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer

I prefer AMSOIL, but most any synthetic motor oil will outperform crude base oils many times over.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Amsoil 0w40 synthetic is the best out there for quads. My prairie loves it. The quad definitely runs smoother with it in the engine and the front diff is much easier to steer. Lawnmower also loves it. Castrol syntec is a group 3 synthetic - with petroleum basestocks, not a true synthetic. Stick to a full synthetic like mobil1 mx4t 10w40 or amsoil 0w40. The mobil 1 v-twin is for air cooled engines and not recommended for our quads!

Old 12-23-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have used Castrol Syntec in 3 KAW V-Twins. Works well. Does disappear or burn it.

Old 12-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

castrol syntec is a group 3 synthetic, meaning it's not 100% synthetic. Syntec is made with petroleum basestocks. I'd recommend sticking with a full synthetic, like Mobil 1 or Amsoil..

Old 12-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Mobil was who I asked about the VTwin oil and they said it was alright to use in the quad. It is still the only synthetic to take into consideration the temperatures of the rear cylinder...

Old 12-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

Don't get caught up in the rear cylinder crap that Mobil oil tells you about. The V-Force and Prairies are both liquid cooled so they run at much more even temps than does a 100 inch Harley running at 70mph in the Nevada desert for long periods of time or sitting in traffic in and moving at a snails pace in Los Angeles on 100 degree days.

Amsoils, Mobil One, Castrol, Valvoline any of the full synthetic oils will perform well. I just use Amsoil because there is a dealer nearby and I get it at dealer cost.

Old 12-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Mobil designed the vtwin oil for air cooled engines. The mx4t 10w40 is designed for liquid cooled motorcycle engines. If you want to use mobil1, use the mx4t[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Castroll pulled a fast on on us. They fought in court to have dino oil that has a small amount of Synthetic oil in it to be labled a full synthetic. Many of the oil manufacturres followed.

The only true synthetic oils are Mobil1, Torco, Redline, Amsoil and Motule. There may be others but those are all I can think of right now.

Pennzoil syn, Valvoline syn, QuakerState syn, Castroll Syntec and even Royal Purple are Dino oils!

Nuthin wrong with running a syn oil in your bike. Many wives tales about leaks and ring seal are pahooey.

There is one truth about syn oil. Don't run leaded gas with it. Syn oil is not designed to clean lead deposits out of ring lands.

You wont find leaded gas unless your running race gas or Avgas.

They sell unleaded race gas now.

Old 12-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

Chris142,
That's interesting info regarding the dino oils. Where/what source revealed the info and what court was the case heard in. I would be interested in reading more about the courts findings and what eveidence was presented to get a judge to accept the the oil companies claims. I do know that many oil companies have marketed oils refering to "SPECIAL BLENDS" and partial synthetics. But I would think that somehow they are getting away with fase advertising by claiming a full synthetic when only trace amounts are actually mixed into the blend.

Quick Reply: Synthetic oil for my V-Force.