Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX700 V Force ok for casual trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX700 V Force ok for casual trail riding?

Thats what I was wondering about because I tend to ride more agressive than I need to on the prairie. I pin it on hills that the prairie can just put up in low range and like to wheelie and slide just because I can. I am allways trying to get a little bit of air at the toop of hills and over little bumps in the trail. The prairie is kind of heavy and has less syspension travel than a V-Force make me nervious about really getting much air. If I can get a V-Force most every place we take the prairie than I want one for the quicker handling, lighter weight, more syspension and harder acceleration.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

DirtVH

The V will go probably anywhere the P700 will go providing you have adequate traction. If you want to go screw around and have fun like riding fast in open terrain, spinning around in circles, sliding corners and wheeling, well the V is definately for you. It is simply amazing how much fun you can have on one. I was going to sell my V due to the fact I now have a P700 and I'm pretty well satisfied with it because it will also slide cornes and spin circles (on ice and gravel) and it goes plenty fast for this old guy.

Where you will see a HUGE difference in the capabilities of the two atv's is in slick mud covered hills where going is very steep and rutted. I'm talking crawling speeds in locations where tree roots protrude out from the surface and are covered in moss and wet slime. The V with all it's power, will let you down in a heart beat. That is where the 4whd models really shine. I have discussed selling my V simply because the P700 is so impressive in the areas I ride I really don't see much sense in keeping it. I also want to pickup another dualsport bike soon so I'm afraid the V will be traded in before long.

Alot of it really depends on where you will be riding, ie. terrain and how hard you plan on riding. Going fast and wheeling comes easy on the V, but so does the risk of more injuries at my age and job title I can't afford injuries and be off from work for 6 months. I think the V is a really great machine and say if that's what you want then go for it. But the Yamaha YZF will go faster, jump higher, turn quicker and wheelie better than any stock V and costs about the same with a bunch less weight.

Just my $.000002 worth your dollar may vary.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

The P700 is one great machine you might not want to pass up. It does everything the VForce and more. It'd got tht racks to take your party with you.... And great performance for a four wheeler with two wheel drive capabilities.

I was sceptical too , and now am a great believer, check it out before you dismiss it.

Old 01-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

BUDXXX
I don't doubt the Prairie700 I have the first one that arrived in Eastern Idaho. I do really like it so does my wife. We are most likely trading in the quadmaster early this spring. I just have noticed that the front end dives a little when riden hard and it is a big rig when it is in the air. Thats where the problem lies buy and mod a new Prairie (this one would have to be Camo or else the Suzuki clone in yellow) or a new Lava Red V-Force. Just weighing the options Prairie is more to begin with plus mods. Don't get me wrong the Prairie is a awesome 4X4 I know I rode all of them before I bought the Prairie. I had decided I was going to buy the 650 but when I went in to buy they had just finished assembling the first 700 in this area. That meant I had to have the 700. So I was just trying to get opinions before I trade in a month or so. Thanks for the replies guys