Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

700 kfx v force What;s the best spring to run for over overall more power?and or clutch kit should i get???????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 kfx v force What;s the best spring to run for over overall more power?and or clutch kit should i get???????????

Im looking for some more power. What color spring should i use and who makes a good clutch kit.. tell me or opinions on brands a set ups

Old 01-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700 kfx v force What;s the best spring to run for over overall more power?and or clutch kit should i get???????????

I have used both the EPI and Dalton. Hard to tell any difference form 0 - 40 mph or so. The Dalton has an overdrive plate to give a little more top speed.

as for the springs ... I like the equilient of the "pink" spring. The "red" causes too high of a stall speed to average driving. Could not get it on or off of the trailer without spinning the tires like crazy.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

Vforcer-

I have been thinking about the Dalton overdrive plate; would you purchase it again??? Just wondering before I spend the 150.00 + tax. Thanks- Carl

Old 01-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

I put in their plate, weights, and spring. The plate is something that only will make a difference after you reach a point that would be full shift out on your stock plate and what ever spring you are using. That is probley about the 400 to 450 foot mark in a drag race.

I do not reach the speed very often .... our little exercise field only provides about 300 feet of drag race distance and still be able to shut down without ending up on a four lane highway.

But I would still buy it again. I installed a set of spider tracks, on ten inch wide rims. They are shorter than the stock tires. Which lowers my gear ratio. I believe the plate gives me back that change and then some. What I gain from the shorter tires, is more bottom end response. It is hard to tell you how much of the response I am feeling in the seat, comes from just the clutch kit.

hope that helps

Old 01-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

v-forcer
i also bought the dalton kit with the pulley and the blue spring
can u tell me what the difference between the dalton blue & epi pink is, if there is a big difference i might switch out.

thanks

Old 01-08-2004, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

Not much difference...just a few lbs.

Old 01-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Pro Rider

Dalton blue, EPI pink ,.... same difference.

I am using the blue, same engaugement feel as the EPI

Old 01-08-2004, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

DITTO--- I used the EPI Pink, and/or the Dalton Blue interchangeably on my 'Force

Old 01-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer

the epi bright green is a good all around choice, good holeshot, still not too aggresive for trail riding. I have tried the epi pink also and is good as well but the higher engagement of the b.g. is a big plus for a nice launch

Old 01-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Dale at Dalton has a V Force of his own so you know he tests his stuff on a regular basis! LOL!! He will be very helpful to you, give him a call! 902-897-3333[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 700 kfx v force What;s the best spring to run for over overall more power?and or clutch kit should i get???????????