Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

help buying an ATV (intercontinentally..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help buying an ATV (intercontinentally..)

hi guys,
Do you know of a reliable dealer who could sell me a new ATV and arrange a sea shipment oversea?
I live in Italy and I own a Prairie from last year,
I'm willing to buy another ATV in US due to the low dollar value , in fact in Italy those machines have an extremely high price,
I've paid mine more than 12K euros in June last year, figure it .
So buying in US now with the dollar so low I could afford the shipping price of such a big volume box.
Many thanks to anyone who could help me and happy new year with your ATV.
BudO

Old 01-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

BUDO... good luck, I'm hoping you are legitimate, if you are posting on here... there have been far too many scammers out there right now, that have been trying to buy or sell overseas... I doubt that you will find someone willing to stick thier neck out right now...

Old 01-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Bud0
I believe that the difference between 1 Euro and 1 US Dollar is approx .22 - .27 cents.
100 Euro is equal to 127 Dollars. now this was taken off of two different conversion tables.
Seems to me that if you ship a box approx 650 lbs. over seas it will cost a significant amout of money.
So I would say that it would be a wash or you would save money to buy a quad where you live..
I agree with newbeatle, There are far to many scams going on here, SO if you are legit, I would do a search on the internet
for ATV Dealers, and if you are not go peddle crap someplace else...why you say ....I had some guy from overseas try and rip me off with my motorcycle,

Old 01-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer

hey guys,
I'm full legit not scammers.
I would buy a brand new ATV from a dealer this is not private buy/sell business.
I was just asking if you know some dealer who has experience in trading oversea.
and about the price,
I've paid my 650 03 ,12500euros.
I can spend some thousand dollars in shipping and still save a tons of money .
this is the point with dollar at 1.25 vs euro
thanks
William

Old 01-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

BudO,

Try www.traderonline.com then select ATV section. There are many new dealers advertising machines there at very competitive prices. Many have domestic long distance shipping experience. They may not have international shipping experience but it is likely their carrier does or has contacts to facilitate it. I would focus on dealers near major eastern seaboard ports like NewYork. Less freight & less chance for damage if you can go straight to port from the dealer.

For example. If you bought your ATV out of say Oklahoma. Often times there would be a regional in state carrier that would pick it up and take it to the state line. It would be unloaded at the carriers warehouse "hub" then re loaded on a intra state carrier to go to port. Then off loaded at port then reloaded on a container then put on a ship. More loading & unloading means more chance you will receive a damaged ATV.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There are alot of people advertising very low prices from places like Italy and Africa. Why don't you buy one of those really low priced quads that are already in your own country?

Scams

Old 01-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

thanks enigma for your reply,
I'm looking right now at some eastern dealers and I'll contact some of them to know cost better.

it seems that coyote guy and others haven't well understand how much new quads cost in europe and that i'm not in for a used one and "I've not asked anyone to sell me his ATV"..
All I was looking for was some tips from you guys.
I'm sorry for that cchaser.
BudO

Old 01-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: newbeatle
BUDO... good luck, I'm hoping you are legitimate
Since his posting history is almost seven months old, and he's asked questions about his current atv, he seems very legit. Just because of a few bad people on eBay doesn't mean all out-of-towners are bad. Plus, what he's trying to do doesn't sound at all like a scam - it sounds more like being financially responsible. 12500 * 1.25 = something like $15,625 USD. If he buys something for $8k, he's still got $7k to ship it - I'm guessing he can find someway to beat this price.

I searched a little bit, and if you can ship a car from the US east cost to Sweden for ~$750, BudO should do okay on the transaction.

Sample Shipping Rates for Autos

Old 01-08-2004, 01:30 PM
mtd
Range Rover

Bud o Go to Kawasaki Canada, there a good dealership Near Halifax Nova Scotia that could arrange to ship it to you in your Country at low cost Halifax has one of the biggest port in Canada and eastern north America. There's also Montreal Quebec that could arrange a good shipment.

Here in Canada a brand new P700 goes for 10000 before taxes but for importation I'm not sure how it's work...

How will you get there warranty respected if you purchase your ATV in North America. Is the Italian Branch of Kawasaki will accept the warranty.

Good luck

Old 01-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

I think LA Yamaha or ALBA Action Sports will ship overseas. they both have wesites. LA yamaha will be cheaper.
LA (Los ANgeles)

Quick Reply: help buying an ATV (intercontinentally..)