Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

help buying an ATV (intercontinentally..)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help buying an ATV (intercontinentally..)

Italians rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahah

Old 01-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Camo-man,
What was the scam with your motorcycle? I was approached by someone interested in buying my son's quad and it is some sort of overseas arrangement. A certified check was mentioned, but I want to be careful. Any details would help.
Thanks,
Dogg

2004 Kawi Prairie
2004 Pol 90 Predator

Old 01-09-2004, 07:45 AM
Range Rover

I think the buy-your-stuff scam is that they "accidentally" give you a check for over the amount, then you are supposed to refund the difference, only their check will never clear.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

dogg,
I was selling my zl900 Eliminator, I get an e-mail from this guy saying that he is interested in it, send info , I did
He e-mails me back saying he is from south africa, and his veterinary buddy over here in the states owes him $6,000.
He said that he would send me a check for the bike and the shipping cost, these e-mails went on for about a month,
I could never pin him down on dates and times, says that he traveles alot. He said that he contacted his shipping company
to take care of this, I e-mailed his shipping company no answer back, (BBB no company) then he says that he has to o.k. this through his boss.
then he said that the check is on the way, When i receive the check deposit it and take the money out for the bike and send the rest
to his shipping company. They will then stop by and get the bike. He gave me a bank out of Florida(which I looked up on mapblast and called) the bank was legit..I finally got a check number out of him, So I called the bank and talked to the fraud dept. I had them check
the check number and the bank said that this was a bad check. So I ended up selling the bike locally, and I told the guy from south africa
who buy this time he said that he was in London now. He still said that the check was coming and If I could deposit it and then write him a check back for the full amount and send it back to him. It would take two weeks to clear through any bank over here, by that time you are out the money plus check bounce charges,,,I turned this stuff over to my brother who is a Postal inspector and he said that this is big time fruad stuff.. The guy who was e-mailing me I could not get any info on him throught Yahoo(his account).
and his name changed but his e-mail stayed the same. Then he hit me with the sad story of his boss really wanted the bike and he needed the money back quickly so he would not be upset that I sold it... I told him to bring his chicken sh&^ *** over here to the US and
face me one on one... And he then tryed to play the professional business man role and said he was legit...
so that is it in a nutshell, be carefull when dealing over the internet. Am I bitter,, yes I am, I believe in a firm handshake and looking someone in the eye when talking to them,, hiding behind and e-mail and scamming someone with lies is Bulls#!$$.

Old 01-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

Camo-man,
Thanks for the info. There were a few similarities, but I will be careful. We seem to be dealing witha certified check, but I will check out the info. Again, I really appreciate your response and i'm glad you weren't scammed. Whatever happened to the days when your word was bond?!?!?!!!!

Dogg

Old 01-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

BudO

I might be willing to the following scenario for a fellow atver if we could work out the details to everyone's sitisfaction.

I would look into finding a local Kawasaki dealer (there are 3 in the area) for you to purchase the Prairie from. You negotiate price and payment terms with the dealer, I will pick up the atv for you, crate it and have it shipped to you.

I work for a company that manufactures large industrial equipment that we send all over the world so I am very familiar with export crating, the trucking logistics involved and with using a freight forwarder. I would need to purchase crating materials but I would be crating it and shipping it from the company I work for.

I know there would be a lot more risk on your end than mine but I would provide you with personal information to your satisfaction (within reason) I would also e-mail pictures before, during and after the crating of the Prairie and copies of bill of ladings with pro numbers so you can track the crate when it ships.

Reply or Send me a message if you think you are interested.