Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HMF Duals for the KFX700

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 02:10 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF Duals for the KFX700

Who is running them, and do you like them? With or Without the Quiet Core? How LOUD are they? How is the Fit and Finish? Do they make much more Power?

Any help you can give me is appreciated. I know there are other duals out there, but I am only interested in finding out about these (HMF) duals at this time. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

I have them the quailty was excellent, can't give a report on the power increase because I installed them soon as I got the bike. The pipes sound awesome, but they are very loud. I bought the quiet cores but I have yet to try them out... If you like a loud agressive sound you will love the pipes, they also look great!

Old 01-07-2004, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

I love mine, quality is top notch and they went on easier that the stock pipe came off! They are loud, but I get alot of compliments on them everywhere. I got K&N Filter, DynoJet Jet Kit, and the HMF Duals, and stock my V had 32rwhp, now it is almost 38rwhp. I put the quiet cores in once, made it sound a little quieter. Kinda like that white bro's exposed disc sound, I didnt like it, so I yanked them and havent touched them since.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:10 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

Can you tell me what the Db level is with or without the Quiet Cores. Noise levels are getting to be more and more restricted as time goes on and I don't want to end up with a ticket or a set of $600 pipes that I can't use. Know what I mean?

Old 01-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

There loud I have heard people mention 110db without the quiet cores, and 102db with them. This is just what I "heard" around on this site. At the Oregon dunes I think you need to be at 96db. I would contact HMF to find out how loud they really are...

Old 01-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

RPM, this does not answer your question and is totally off topic but I had to say your pencil drawings are absolutely incredible. That's one hell of a gift you have.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VForceRidah
There loud I have heard people mention 110db without the quiet cores, and 102db with them. This is just what I "heard" around on this site. At the Oregon dunes I think you need to be at 96db. I would contact HMF to find out how loud they really are...
These numbers are my experence also. I get compliments on the sound from quad ridders, I get complaints from the neighbors. I have had the police over here twice. All of that with the quite cores ! I took the bike to the Sand Dunes in Mich. they would not let me on the dunes because the cans do not have the "U S dept of Forestry" approve on them .... and they are to damn loud.

The fit was great ... the quality is great .... but even with the quite cores ... they are to loud. Knowing what I know now ... I would buy something different if I could to do it again..... matter of fact ... I think i will do it again this summer. Any one want to buy a great set of HMF's ???

Old 01-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have them. They are very nice. Fit and finish was great. They did go on quicker than getting the stock pipe off. They are loud, but, with duals what do you expect?

Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

RPM-

I like mine, I am currently running without the quiet cores. Good increase in mid-top end power. I didn't have any problems with the rangers @ Hollister Hills, db limit is 98. I imagine if you had problems(at certain areas) you could always buy some fine grit steel wool and stuff some into the canister then mount the spark arrestor screen and turn-down tip. I've seen this done on dirtbikes and it works well. If you do pipe it jet up and let her breathe....I'm sure you already know this though. Good luck. Hope my rambling helped. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 02:12 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mark82ndABN
RPM, this does not answer your question and is totally off topic but I had to say your pencil drawings are absolutely incredible. That's one hell of a gift you have.
Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Quick Reply: HMF Duals for the KFX700