Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450

The yfz450 is a slow utility quad without racks. Simple as that!

Old 01-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

Steve 55, I'm running the stock air box, with the Twin Air. I like it really well though.

HighLifterV700,
And the YFZ isn't a utility quad without racks, it's a full blown race quad. I've seen several YFZ's at the GNCC races I went to, and they was always out front, and they looked like they was deadly fast. If it had reverse it would be sitting in my garage right now. I'm not tryin to start crap, but I'm just sayin.

Old 01-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer

ride a piped yfz once, you'll want one!

Old 01-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MojaveThunder
Steve 55, I'm running the stock air box, with the Twin Air. I like it really well though.

HighLifterV700,
And the YFZ isn't a utility quad without racks, it's a full blown race quad. I've seen several YFZ's at the GNCC races I went to, and they was always out front, and they looked like they was deadly fast. If it had reverse it would be sitting in my garage right now. I'm not tryin to start crap, but I'm just sayin.

I think he is just poking fun at the Yami guys. They all call the V a utility quad w/out racks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think the 450 hits rev limiter around 72... ive heard that from alot of people..
and i am sorry.. i owned 1 auto sport quad.. (scrambler)... and i would never own another...

Old 01-17-2004, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Hozed
and i am sorry.. i owned 1 auto sport quad.. (scrambler)... and i would never own another...
That's because you owned ONE auto sport quad, not THE auto sport quad! LOL

Bruce

Old 02-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

i rode a STOCK kfx 700 and i was tryin to punch it i just didnt feel anything just that noise the transmition makes. i have a raptor with a pipe and jets and the guy with the 700 wanted to get a raptor. Oh by the way that noise is Annoying!

Old 02-08-2004, 06:24 AM
Range Rover

InSearchOfDunez you should save yourself future embarrassment and control the nonsense you're spewing. If you didn't feel anything when you punched a V then you sure as hell don't feel anything when you punch a stock raptor because it's a FACT that the V out accelerates the Raptor (and the DS-650). And c'mon it's just plain dumb to compare modified quads (your piped and jetted raptor) to stock quads.

Some folks are like a broken tape recorder... no matter what is said or what is asked their answer is "raptor rules... raptor rules... raptor rules" my freakin' parrot knows more phrases.

Yes yes yes a YFZ450 (wannabe race quad) is a nice fast quad. Fine. Whoopee. Spend about 6,000 bucks extra and you can almost turn a YFZ-450 into a Gas Gas 450 or some other actual race ready quad that will STOMP it.

V-Force vs YFZ-450 is like Cadillac Escalade vs. Nissan 350Z. Apples and Oranges. Do you get my drift? It's not a smart comparison.

Here's a simple way to figure out your ATV IQ: Start with 100 points. Subtract 10 points for every time you've said "such and such quad is the best and such and such quad sucks" By the time you get down to 70, save what little intelligence you have and shut up about it. Or, read some articles, do some research, and you get +10 points every time you intelligently say something like "under such and such conditions, such and such ATV may out perform such and such ATV depending on mods, tires, etc."

Old 02-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

i own both quads. The v has hmf duals and the yfz has gytr pipe and jet kit with no lid. Both quads are close in a flat drag. The v is a little faster off the line usually then it evens out. Obviously they arent comparable on a track.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY micheal moore fan! you say obviously the yfz is better for the track how do you base that assumption when you stated the v is quicker off the line. doesnt it make sense that given the fact that the v always has the perfect gear and given 2 pro riders with like skills that a v should take a yfztrx yada yada yada. on a track? just wondering!

Quick Reply: V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450