Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450

KFX has great acceleration, and insearchofdunez, if u didnt feel anything when u punched the kfx700, u shouldnt be riding because ive ridden that v force and that baby has some *****

Old 02-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flashturbo
InSearchOfDunez you should save yourself future embarrassment and control the nonsense you're spewing. If you didn't feel anything when you punched a V then you sure as hell don't feel anything when you punch a stock raptor because it's a FACT that the V out accelerates the Raptor (and the DS-650). And c'mon it's just plain dumb to compare modified quads (your piped and jetted raptor) to stock quads.

Some folks are like a broken tape recorder... no matter what is said or what is asked their answer is "raptor rules... raptor rules... raptor rules" my freakin' parrot knows more phrases.

Yes yes yes a YFZ450 (wannabe race quad) is a nice fast quad. Fine. Whoopee. Spend about 6,000 bucks extra and you can almost turn a YFZ-450 into a Gas Gas 450 or some other actual race ready quad that will STOMP it.

V-Force vs YFZ-450 is like Cadillac Escalade vs. Nissan 350Z. Apples and Oranges. Do you get my drift? It's not a smart comparison.

Here's a simple way to figure out your ATV IQ: Start with 100 points. Subtract 10 points for every time you've said "such and such quad is the best and such and such quad sucks" By the time you get down to 70, save what little intelligence you have and shut up about it. Or, read some articles, do some research, and you get +10 points every time you intelligently say something like "under such and such conditions, such and such ATV may out perform such and such ATV depending on mods, tires, etc."
LOL!!!!!! That was a good post +50 to your score[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

chrispapy: Your vforce corners like an explorer. I mean by this that it just wants to roll over going into a corner at high speeds. So no the vforce will never beat me on a track in stock form.

Old 02-10-2004, 07:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
flashturbo v-forse out accelerating a ds ????? come on ...... they just did a shoot out and the v-forse came in last place ! the 2004 ds had over 3 seconds faster in 300ft .....
The V was the quickest to 30 and by the look of the graph it tied the ds to 40. And as we all know the V got problems in stock form after that. If the ds had reverse I would think about getting one. I cant count the times up here in the north east ive need it.

Old 02-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
flashturbo v-forse out accelerating a ds ????? come on ...... they just did a shoot out and the v-forse came in last place ! the 2004 ds had over 3 seconds faster in 300ft .....
It wasn't even close when I raced a DS. I have no idea what year it was. All I know is that I never saw him both times we raced. I ran a buddies piped, jetted etc raptor over and over again this past weekend and he only beat me once when I stood my V straight up and had to catch up to him. Even then it was by less than one quad length. Hell, once I rolled into the throttle and satyed side by side with him to see if he was pulling on me later on and he wasn't. The biggest problemwith the V is the stock spring. Once you get that replaced and start tuning the tranny you will leave everyone out of the hole.

Old 02-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Range Rover

BartlettRacing you are losing points. The issue was the "feeling" someone claimed they didn't get when they punched a V-force. The strongest "feeling" of acceleration comes out of the hole, and the V-Force is, simply and inarguably, the fastest stock out of the hole between the DS, the Raptor, and the V. We all know it. It's beyond argument at this point unless you believe in elves and fairies. Some people don't care about that hole shot... some do. Fine. Some things, like your favorite color, can be argued about. Some things, like the color of the sky and the fastest 0 to 30 accelerating 600+cc ATV can not be argued about because they are facts.

Yes yes we all know that once you get in the mid range, the raptor and the DS pull harder stock for stock, but we also know that the main reason for that is the early shiftout caused by the light weight primary clutch spring. If you change out that spring (20 bucks is all it takes) you can significantly boost that mid range acceleration, and further delay the Raptor and DS catching up. Instead of catching the V at 40 you might not catch it until 50. By then, some of us don't care, because we like to do a little thing called "turning."

I personally, and I think many of us are the same way, don't spend a whole lot of time above 50 mph, but by all means, if you don't mind getting your *** kicked up to 30 (which to me is where most of the fun is) then you should buy a Raptor or a DS. That's something that can be argued about. Some people like a narrow power band, some people like a wide one. Fine. That can be argued about (although it's hard to argue against wider).

Old 02-11-2004, 10:08 AM
cop
Pro Rider

Hey flash turbo, Why don't you go to a local drag race ( sand. dirt, asphalt) and see who is consistently winning. Check the 300ft races, check the 500ft races, the 1/8 mile and the 1/4 mile races. Only look at stock class machines since that is what was originally talked about. Then look at the time slips. I guarantee that more often than not you won't see a V-force in the top five (if the race has enough entries). I consistently see z-400's take v-forces on the hole shot and they are supposed to be a lower race class. The king of the stock drags IS the DS 650 Baja, the final results are irrefutable. Time after time the v-force fails to live up to it's reputation. It FEELS faster than it really is, just look at time slip after time slip to prove it. Forget your spring trick because by the time your tranny finally kicks in I'm already getting ready to shift into second gear. I have never even seen a stock V-force hit 50mph in the 300ft grass drags, where as I always see Raptors, Preds, and YFZ450's over 50mph. My DS 650X is always at 53- 54mph at 300ft and always ahead of any stock class V-force I have EVER dragged. So take your points (loser premise) and give them to Bartlett Racing because by now with your IQ I think you need special ED and the short bus. By the way joechum the top speed of a stock V-force is around 71-72 mph and the stock Yfz450 is 73-74 mph. Everybody have a great day!!!

Old 02-11-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Spring trick?
Tranny kicking in?

You really know your CVT's don't you?

Old 02-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

KEVINM,Have you got to try your Dalton Plate & Weights,and HPD Plain yet? I have this set-up now and it is awsome![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 10:37 AM
cop
Pro Rider

Yeah I do know my cvt's. I happen to have one on my 4X4. The different spring tension could increase or decrease the stall, which is needed for hook up. The tighter the tension the faster the hook up. The looser the tension the more rpm's it takes to get te machine moving and the belt fully engaged. Tighter spring = faster response but lower mid/top end. A looser spring= slower response and more mid/top. It is like playing with a snowmobile clutch too. Ever hear the rpms a sled with a clutch kit needs to pull before the sled actually moves? I hope that answers your wonderful questions?

Quick Reply: V Force Top Speed vs. YFZ-450