Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?

The buddy of mine that has the Polaris 500 Sportsman and is running 27" Blackwaters hates them, but they seem to be pretty soft and wear out pretty quick, but they DO NOT clean out worth a crap. I saw this first hand and we are riding on North Texas mud/clay. The 589's and the Mudlites did real well as far as cleaning out, but with grab I think I had them beat a little on soft top open ground.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

I'm kinda leaning towards the Mudlites but I still have plenty of time to decide. I had thought of newbeatles idea of getting whatever and selling them and getting some more Alltraks or Bighorns because we will be doing alot of racing this year but I'm still undecided. The reason I won't get the ATR's again is because they wore out too fast for the riding we do and the fronts seemed do have to much dive to them. I did like the way they grabbed on hard pack but like I said, as soon as we hit the corners hard the sidewalls gave too much.
As for the raffle, it was at our annual Iowa Off Highway meeting where all the clubs in Iowa get together for elections and to discuss what is going on in the state. I bought 18 tickets, they were $2.00 each or 6 for $10.00 so I spent $30.00! I really didn't care if I won because the money is for a good cause, winning was just a bonus!
I also found out that we will be having an Iowa harescramble series with 7 races schedualed across Iowa. There will be some awsum prizes! It is AMA ATVA rules and I guess they have a web site for it up already. I know there is info about it in the forums at iowaohv.com .
Keep the suggestions coming please and if I do get them and decide to sell I will let you guys know if anyone might be interested!

Old 01-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Range Rover

I like my 27" 589's they do great but yes they do wonder. But i rode in deep snow and mud yesterday my tires did excellent.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Prairiewrench--- I am very, very surprised that you did not like the ATR's. I have owned 2 sets now, and will buy a 3rd ,most likely. For my style of riding ,and terrain thses tires kick-a$$, IMO. I have noticed the soft compuond will wear, but never noticed the "dive" in the frt. suspension, after the Progressive kit install. I ride the Appalachian Mtns./Hat.-McCoy Trails, and do a lot of fast trail/woods riding. I LOVE these tires. IMO, ITP made the ATR just for the big Prairies! Got your old , unwanted ATR's laying around? I'LL take 'em off your hands! LOL

Old 01-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

Hi TRX 450, You seem to be a good source of info. so what do you think is the best tire to replace stock tires with. almost no mud but some fairly agressive riding,exploring, hunting & work? thanks, Rop.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Rop---- IMO, you can't beat the ATR's for your use/terrain/ Fairly light tire, for a 6 PLY. They are a little soft, but (IMO) that is a small price to pay for the performance that this tire delivers! NO, I do NOT work for ITP, nor do I sell their products. I just like their products.
Good luck in your choice. I have another (a little cheaper) combo that I used on my old P-650. PM me and we'll discuss that too!

Old 01-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

TRX ... Are the ATRs the same size as the stock tires on the prairie. (I have conflicting reports on the size) Also do they wear well? All of my riding is agressive trail, rock snow yada yada yada

thanks for your input

Old 01-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Trailblazer

TRx 450, What do you think of the maxxis bighorns? I called their tech. today and he told me that they will have 26"- 27" by early summer. If that is true I might wait unless they don"t pass P700 owners oppinions. Rop. oh yea, What does IMO mean or pm me? sorry I'm not much on computer lingo!!

Old 01-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

ROP...

IMO = In My Opinion

P.M. = Private Message ...you can P.M. someone, by clicking the padlock in the corner of thier post...

Old 01-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I never win anything.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh wait, once I did win a t-shirt at a grand opening of an atv dealer. No.... actually I didn't win the shirt. Someone else won it and gave it to me. Would it kill fate to allow me to win something once in my life. (Like a million dollars) I'm just kidding around but not really.

Get the most expensive 589's that you can find. They're free.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?