Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?

Yep, I won a raffle for four free ITP tires of my choice! Now I have to decide which ones to get. I know I do NOT want the ATR Holeshots, had them and sold them! So, my question for you guys is what should I get? I now have 2 sets of MAXXIS All Traks so I was thinking of keeping the Maxxis for racing and getting some ITP's for play!

Old 01-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Even with all the mods you have, I think you will like the ATR's in whatever size you want. These things rock for an all around tire. With them on my prairie 650 they make it handle like a sport bike on the trails. They work great on hard surface, sand and do pretty good in the mud. I also here they are the tire to have in the snow.
If you decide you just cant run ITP tires send em my way!

Old 01-26-2004, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

P.W. ... you lucky dog... You already have the trail / race tires covered... so, IMO, that just leaves the 589's or the Mud Lites... personally, I'd get the Mud Lites, in as big a size as they would give you, then sell them & buy another tire that you really want ...

the 589's are an OK mud tire, but "hard" & "wandering" to use as a trail tire... The Mud Lites are a much better trail tire, & are OK in the mud, however you will wear them out really quickly on a machine as powerful as yours... are you thinking about venturing into my turf now ??? ( mud racing )... LOL...have a good day...WAM

Old 01-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PW,
Congrads! I would recommend the Mudlites.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

prairiewrench...
Just curious why you sold your ATRs. Why did'nt you like them?

Old 01-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

You also may want to look at the "new" Trailmaster tire, they are either made by Carlisle or ITP, or a cooperative effort between them ??? and are close to the Vampires in design.It is a 6 ply tire and is bias-belted in construction.The lugs are about 1/4" shorter than a Vamp and extend 3/8" further toward the center line for a smooth ride. The rubber compound in the tire is reported to be the same as in the radial ATR's... The Vamps are a pretty awesome tire, & if you can get these "new" tires, from ITP, that is DEFINATELY the way to go...

Old 01-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

I have ITP 28" 589's and I wide with a couple of friends...one has 27" Blackwaters and one has 27" Mudlites...IMO and theirs, mine clean out far better than the other 2 and have a better grab to them. We were riding on rain soaked fields and gullys. The 589's may be a little "wondery", but I didnt feel any difference going from stock 25" to ITP 589 28" in my turning ability. Now, they are not as smooth as the OEM tires, but you give a litle to get a little.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

those mudlites are some mean looking tires.....

Old 01-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

MudLites. How many tickets did you buy? I had a freind buy a whole book from one guy then he bought a single ticket from another and that single ticket is what one him his Polaris 500 Sportsman. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-26-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

How ao the mudlites do on hardpack? are they a good all purpose tire? (With a name like mudlite I would assume they are more suited to mud etc...)

Quick Reply: I won 4 free ITP tires, now which ones do I want?