Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

v-force question from expected buyer

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v-force question from expected buyer

Does the v-force have an engine brake???
Also, can this thing handle some muddy trails. From what I've read it's a great trail machine.
Thanks

Old 02-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

You do get some engine braking. While you are going down a long hill with no gas it will "free wheel" or go into almost neutral (belt disengages). I just give it a little throttle an it will keep the belt engaged. I really do not use my brakes that much.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to jump in here, but i just bought my vforce last weekend and i noticed when i am going down hill and let off the gas it makes a little whining noise and slows down. is the how the engine braking works?? i am guessing this is supposed to happen?? every little noise i hear makes me nervous. i love this thing!!!!!!!!!! thanks guys

oh, my friend has a outlander and we went out this weekend in the snow and mud. i went everywhere he did without a problem.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

That is normal. You get to like the "turbo whine" after awhile. That is the engine compression slowing you down. If you let off the gas for a little longer you will notice the belt dissengage and you will speed up, tap the gas and you slow down.

Old 02-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I rode with Happy yesterday, and I can attest that he doesn't use his brakes! The V doesn't have KEBC, but the engine will slow you down. I'm not sure you'd even want that on a sport quad. I was ripping around a curvy hardpack dirt road, yesterday, and when I let off the gas going into a turn, the engine brake kicked on, and sent my rear end into a slide, the only thing I could do was give it more throttle! I really think that you would be happy with the V![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Also, can this thing handle some muddy trails. From what I've read it's a great trail machine.
Muddy Trails? Like moses and the Red Sea! Be carful with deep water at the base of a climb. The result was a wall of muddy water that drenched me and went over my head to roost a rider following too close.

I think that was first time I have ever heard of a FRONT wheel roost!

The V is a great trail and great climbing machine! Just hit the gas and hang on!