Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Q's for Prairie modders. Decisions... Decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q's for Prairie modders. Decisions... Decisions...

OK I've read that great thread started by Prairiewrench and it's got me thinking I want some of that.

I would like to do the 3 things listed the module (have already), the flywheel key and degree the cams but... should I wait for the CDI or add it to 3 mods? Would that be redundant or beneficial?

I want the most power but quiet (no exhaust mod) I'm willing to sacrifice the added benefits of opening up the breathing for drivability = plowing the driveway and light utility.

Money is not a big a deal (within reason) as still being able to do a little utility work.

Old 02-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you buy the new CDI and it is advanced to 33 degrees, you won't need the key.

Old 02-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

The way that CDI worked on that completely stock 03 650 Prairie you will not be disappointed at all if you do nothing but add the CDI!

Old 02-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

The CDI sounds like the ticket. Would you or should I deg the cams also to increase to performance?

Prairiewrech do you know how Dyna will announce the release when it is ready for purchase ie... post on here or what?

Old 02-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have not degreed in the cams, you need to talk with someone who has done that and I'd also be interested to know if you would want to do that with the new CDI already advancing the timing!!??

Old 02-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

GET THE CDI!! Man, that thing is amazing!!! My husband has been thinking he really needs a new 700 for racing in the local harescrambles and just because...but after this weekend, the only thing on his wish list is a CDI! I took turns riding the 650 and the 700 in drag races and the 650 doesn't stand a chance. I went a little faster than the guys did, only because of weight, but there was no doubt the 650 couldn't keep up. Then Prairiewrench switched the CDI and even hooked up the holeshot module in the 700...it was a totallly different story!! The 650 had the 700 from the beginning and walked away! I would have to agree that you could get the CDI and nothing else and be happy! It is worth the wait! The only mods our 650 has are listed below. The CDI is amazing!!

Old 02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I did the cam redegree, and I'm happy with it. However, I only did it because I've got more time, than money. If you said that money wasn't really an object with you, then go with the WEB cams. They already have the retard built in, and they have more duration, I think. You have to take the same stuff apart to do the redegree or replace the cams.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you think that the 650 would actually be faster than the 700 if they both had the new CDI or am I reading your post incorrectly?

Old 02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Nope, you would just have 2 fast quads then!

Old 02-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry for what I am sure will prove to be a stupid question, but what the hell is a CDI?

Quick Reply: Q's for Prairie modders. Decisions... Decisions...