Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Anyone thinking about 29.5 Outlaws

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone thinking about 29.5 Outlaws

Just wondering if any of you are considering trying these monster meats on your Prairie. Yes I know power and speed will suffer, but apparently they only whey 1 lb more than the 28 outlaw and its supposed to have a flatter face for a better ride. Axles will probably need to be upgraded, but I think I'd like to try them. THe highlifter guy said the only one to break an axle so far was the guy running the wide 29.5 on the front. 95% of my riding is in deep mud and muskeg, otherwise I would not consider these. Right now I'm running 27 Mud lites. I would also need a spacer kit for the rear.

Old 03-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

Well...what do you guys think.

Old 03-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

WHILE BUDDY I THINK ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN A mudlite. From past experience I believe they're garbage. A friend of mine spun one on the rim and it came off the inside. So instead of just having to ride with a flat, he had to drive a three wheeled Bomb!!!!! As far as the Outlaws go I'd have to weigh them my self, because almost all of the tire manufatures lie. And axles if they break spend the doe and get those Ape axles

Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like your buddy sufferred from a bad mounting, not a bad tire. You draw your conclusions from a tire spinning off a rim or have you actually had some experience with the mudlite???

I had a set of 26" mudlites on my rancher, very nice tire. I think the 27" you have on your p should be just fine, but if you have the money to spend, I say spend it. Just remeber to upgrade the other components. You'll probably need to check your primary spring and upgrade axles and such.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:33 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with maddog. A tire won't come off the rim unless its flat or has an huge sideload, wich on an atv would result in a roll before the tire comes off the rim. Oh yeah, its not the design of the tire that keeps it on, its the lip on the wheel. Mud lites have treated me very well and are comparable to any mud tire I've seen in action. I haven't yet ridden with anyone running outlaws or Mudzillas though.

I spend 90% of my riding time on muddy trails with deep muskeg bogs. When I say deep I mean impassible on a quad without winching. Deep enough to bury my Chevy. My Chevy has 460 HP with 40" boggers with lockers front and rear. Hey maddog I thought I had money to burn, but I decided to pick up a crf 450 so my extra money for the quad has dried up. Thanks for the reply. I would like to hear from someone who has run these brutes or seen them in action.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not going to run the 29.5" Outlaws, but if I go to the mud nationals, in April, I will be sporting a set of 33" tractor treads, or a set of 37" rice & cane tires...

Old 03-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Are you running gorilla axles or have the stock axles survived so far? I'm expecting I'll have to upgrade, but I would like to hear from those that have run bigger than 27".

Old 03-12-2004, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

That will be the 1st time out on those monster tires... I don't expect any problems with the rears, the fronts should be OK, as long as your CV's don't bind ( lift )... but if I'm able to go or not, I'll have either the 33's or the 37's ready to go by then...

Old 03-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

What do I got to draw you a picture?? The tire spun on the rim and that is how he lost his air. Then he had to drive it home like that and that is when the tire came off the rim. (the sidewalls are thin hints LITE). It has nothing to do with mounting!!!!! You must be one of those people that brings his bike in to the dealer when the belt light comes on...right!

Old 03-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Bubis
What do I got to draw you a picture?? The tire spun on the rim and that is how he lost his air. Then he had to drive it home like that and that is when the tire came off the rim. (the sidewalls are thin hints LITE). It has nothing to do with mounting!!!!! You must be one of those people that brings his bike in to the dealer when the belt light comes on...right!
actually the mudlite has the built in rim guard, making it thicker than the other, cheaper tires at the mounting area. Although, that wouldnt matter unless the inside of the tire actually ripped. In this case, I would say there was an air pressure or mounting problem; or the bike had a large load on it at a very akward angle. But that isnt the point, the guys are talking about the new big outlaws. Dont start slinging dirt now.

Will the +1 offset on the itp c series wheels be enough to clear the inside? I know a lift would be madatory, but I was wondering if you might lose some steering radius.

Quick Reply: Anyone thinking about 29.5 Outlaws