Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

750 independent rear and EFI is a reality!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 750 independent rear and EFI is a reality!

I totally agree. Even if the two quads look alike (which I believe they won't be anything alike), the kawasaki will be a v-twin 750cc while the suzuki will be a single 700cc motor. Why would kawa do away with the v-twin which has been their bread-n-butter motor????? It makes no since.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't here anyone say anything about doingaway with the V-twin. It just makes since with what they have done in the past by filling each other niches, kawi didn't have a light sport quad so they used the z400 , they needed kid quads so they use the little sukies, suki needed a high performance sport utility so you have the twin peaks, it just makes since to me that if kawi wanted a big bore IRS utility it makes more since to use the suki KQ than build one from scrach. I think it just seems counter productive for what they have set forth as there objectives in there joint venture. I would love to see a new P750EFI V-twin Less the IRS, I gave up going with IRS quads after I rode my P650 the first time. The p650/700 is alot more fun to ride than any IRS bike I have ever owned. I would take a twin peaks over a KQ any day, based on what I have herd so far.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, the Atv-connection "Spy photo's" suprised me lol. so it does look kinda like a Vinson, thats awesome. as for the twin vs Single thing..... id take a single-cylinder over a twin any-day!! with a Twin there is more that could go wrong! and you have to buy 2 of everything lol. id bet this new Zuki will be a great quad! who cares if it has 2 less HP than a twin! i sure dont!

Old 03-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

The spy pictures on ATV-Connection of the KQ700 are different from the ones I saw from the Suzuki representative, maybe they were the pictures of the prototype, it was last fall in October 2003. But the information about it is the same.

Old 03-17-2004, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

WOW.....that doesn't make since for someone to rather have a big bulky single vs. a v-twin that produces more torque and horse power.......I guess your truck or car is a big single rather than a v-6 or v-8 because you are afraid of more moving parts...........Very interesting.......LOL

Old 03-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Out of all info i've read and the P650 I rode there has hardly been no trouble with Kawis twin why would you rather have a single?

Old 03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Single VS Twin

2 HP at peak maybe, but peak HP means absolutely nothing, zippo, ziltch. Its all about how the power delevops through the RPM range. A twin should create more power than the single throughout the RPM, creating smooth power. I hate how everyone says this quad has 50 HP or this quad has 40 FT/Torque. Show me how that HP is created from 1000-9000 RPM. If anything companys and people should be giving the average HP and TQ from 1000-9000 RPM, that would make more sense.

So 2 HP at peak isn't much but if your developing 5-8 HP more just from being a twin at say, 4500 RPM, thats a big difference on a quad. Also who ever reaches peak HP? Thats not something people do all the time, especially on CVT quads. The CVT rarely lets the RPM build up to the rev limiter unless your in low range, slipped your belt or on some slippery surface.

So, a twin creates more power throughtout the RPM range, its smoother, sounds awesome. A single is cheap, lighter and does make some nice power but it also vibrates alot more.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bbertram
Single VS Twin

2 HP at peak maybe, but peak HP means absolutely nothing, zippo, ziltch. Its all about how the power delevops through the RPM range. A twin should create more power than the single throughout the RPM, creating smooth power. I hate how everyone says this quad has 50 HP or this quad has 40 FT/Torque. Show me how that HP is created from 1000-9000 RPM. If anything companys and people should be giving the average HP and TQ from 1000-9000 RPM, that would make more sense.

So 2 HP at peak isn't much but if your developing 5-8 HP more just from being a twin at say, 4500 RPM, thats a big difference on a quad. Also who ever reaches peak HP? Thats not something people do all the time, especially on CVT quads. The CVT rarely lets the RPM build up to the rev limiter unless your in low range, slipped your belt or on some slippery surface.

So, a twin creates more power throughtout the RPM range, its smoother, sounds awesome. A single is cheap, lighter and does make some nice power but it also vibrates alot more.

YOU ARE TOTALLY CORRECT.......I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER. A v-twin delievers the HP and torque much better and smoother accross the entire RPM range.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2004, 02:41 PM
MDG
Range Rover

I'd put money on it looking alot like an Arctic Cat 650. Atleast the IRS will. I'll bet the King Quad will have the AC IRS as well. Kawi, Suz and AC are working together. Kawi and Suz have contributed to the mix, so AC is next. What does AC have that the other two don't? IRS. I'd put money on it.

Old 03-19-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

You would lose your money then! It looks very simular to the existing Prairie but has a slighty different fender design and was orange! Just heard about that in the last couple days. Sticker on the side said 750 EFI! Oh, and it is a V Twin.

Quick Reply: 750 independent rear and EFI is a reality!