Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-FORCE REAR HUBS & AXLE

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-FORCE REAR HUBS & AXLE

i noticed a woble yesterday while riding and it seemed to be coming from my left rear wheel. i got it in the garage and threw the rear end on a jack. and what do you know the wheel was wobbling pretty bad. i pulled the wheel so i could see the axle and hub spin and it looks like the axle is fine. so i assume the hub is bent. any tricks on how to tell which one??? has anyone else had this problem???

i was looking at the durablue axles and hubs and really do not want to fork out that much dough(that is if they have one for the V)
but i also do not want to buy an oem hub and have it bend again. any suggestions???

p.s. anyone have any hubs for sell

Old 03-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Are you sure its the hub, & not the center section of the wheel ??? I know for a fact, that the steel in the hubs is very hard...

Old 03-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Trailblazer

i kinda thought that might be it so i switched the wheels around on the back, and it still did it on the same side.

Old 03-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

Hundredspkballer,

I was riding with a friend this weekend (has a V Force) and he hit a tree with his left rear tire (it was not that bad of a hit maybe 7 mph). After words I noticed a wobble in that tire so we switched them around (we thought it was the rim) and the wobble stayed on the left. The axle looks straight. My guess is the hub.

Just wondering what you came up with?

RJ

Old 03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well that sucks....

With that said...I ride with another member on this forum GE4x4 .He had hit a tree with his left rear and bent his axle.We thought it was the hub so we took off wheel and jacked it up..Still couldnt tell if it was hub or axle...So we took a tape measure from ground to bottom of axle.Then spun axle and sure enuff it was out and inch or so...I would say its your axle...He didnt hit that hard, just the right angle I guess..The hubs on the V are pretty strong but if it is the hub you could always pick up some honda hubs for about 70 bucks or so on E-bay...Axles tend to be pricy just shop around and ask other members what they have done..Also from what I have been told they are a piece of cake to change....

Old 03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

what you need to do is find a flat piece of metal. The rular of a tri square works great. Take the wheel off and were the four bolts come out of the hub lay the piece of metal on two of the forks coming out of the hub holding the metal tight to one side. work you way around the four forks and look for any forks that dont seem to line up with one another. I bent a hub and found the fork that was bent and beet it back straiht. It rides just fine now. I also remember that the wheel was difficult to get off so that is an indication that youve either bent a hub or the wheel if you have that problem.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

hundredspkballer, what did you end up doing for hubs? bent mine today.

Old 06-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

i am almost positive it is the hub but unless i am on the street i do not even notice it. so i have not fixed it yet.

hundredspk

Old 06-13-2004, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer

if you get new hubs bikebandit has the oem ones. i was gonna go with a durablue axle $ hubs but need to save for it.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Can someone tell me the rear bolt pattern on the V?
Thanx
Joel

Quick Reply: V-FORCE REAR HUBS & AXLE