Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!

So my sister decided to buy me a four-wheeler. She knows the people who own the Kawasaki shop in Oxford, Mississippi, so she can get a really good deal from them she says. I know abosolutely nothing about Kawasaki's. I dont know whats good, whats crap and all that. I want a 4x4 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the best and what is the worst.

ThAnK YoU
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Help!!!!!

All the KAwaski 4x4 atvs are really good, and some of them are about the most reliable ATV's out there. P300 and P400 are awesome, but not made anymore. The P400 is probably the most cool of the older ones. Rides good, reliable, lots of power.

The P360 is good, but can't go very fast so think about that before you get one. If you hunt, plow or work it is ok. It is alittle slow for recreational riding IMO.

The P650/700 are awesome machines. There are minor issues with every quad. The 650/700 is quite solid as far as that goes. If you come across a used 650 and it acts up a little, don't worry because the issues are easily fixed. Just ask post a question on the forum. The 04 is pretty much has the issues all ironed out. But, even the issues on the 02 and 03 are minor enough and easily solved so don't worry about buying an 02 or 03. I have an 02 and love it. The issues are, the belt was installed loose from the factory (no brainer) and the secondary pulley has a crummy bushing (just replace it with an 03 pulley). Mine hasn't gone bad yet. These are really well made machines. The plastic is thin on purpose. It is actually good the way they made it. If you hit something, it bends and doesn't crack. If you catch a branch and tear it, you only have to replace a little inexpensive trim. Great machines.

Old 03-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Help!!!!!

The 04' prarie 700 is a Awesome Machine. Nuff said..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Range Rover
Default Help!!!!!

My 02 P650 is pretty reliable/trouble free
got 450 hrs of aggressive riding on her
had to replace 1 engine brake bearing
1 swing arm bearing....and 1 A-arm bearing
and of course a couple of belts

Old 03-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Help!!!!!

My 2002 Prairie 650 has 1100+ miles on it....no repairs. Few dents, scratches, that's all. I hold that bike in high regard.

You should know that the Prairie has a low center of gravity and is the safest of the big bore bikes regarding tipping or rolling over (talk to dealer about trading stock Dunlop tires for good ones).

As mentioned above by nyroc, your sister doesn't have to buy a new one. In fact there's supposed to be some radical changes to the Prairie coming out this year. You might consider a good used one until you see what's coming out. Also, she wouldn't be paying taxes, if she buys used. Otherwise, she should research what a 'good deal' is on a new one. You can do a search on this forum on P700 and OTD (out the door final price). I've been told by dealers that the best deals are just before the new ones come out in Sept. Ask questions on this forum as you get deeper into this 'good deal'.

Is your sister married?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Help!!!!!

So if I change my mind about a 4x4, a KFX 400 is a good choice yes? My boyfriend just got a new one and its awesome, I love it.
No my sister isnt married. Go for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] She works on the square at a bar called Parish's, just aked for Holli. Anyway, the one thing she's concerned about is payments on a new one every month, so Ill prolly end up getting a good used one. I looked at a Prairie 360 and thought they were cool, but what I want I prolly wont get. Thanks for everyones help. Tiffany