Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

ITP C SERIES WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP C SERIES WHEELS

Sorry MADDOG... all 360, 650, & 700 Prairie stock wheels are aluminum... had this discussion before, here or on another forum... If you got steel ones, it would have been the 1st I've heard of, or replacement 300-400 Prairie wheels, of which all the steel ones were kind of gun metal grey... the silver '02 red wheels, & all the brown ones following should have been aluminum...

Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then kawi must be getting a helluva deal on aluminum to sell oem replacements for that cheap. OEM is usually ridiculously expensive. Look at the raptor, one aluminum wheel, front or rear, is 197 dollars.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

I just got in one of my type 5's with 26x12x12 mudlite today. The combo is heavier than the stock wheel by a few pounds. I think the centers and lugs add more weight than anything :-) Now if the other three would hurry up and get here I could ride!!

My stock 400 wheel is aluminum. any of the styled wheels like the 650 style are aluminum.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

newbeattle >

"I'll have my type 6's tommorow... I could throw them on a scale to see about the weight..."

Please do that for us, as well as determining what the Wheel Offset will be for the Fronts. In other words, I've got mixed answers on the total width increase OEM Rims verses ITP Series 5/6 Rims.

" I was under the impression that the type 6's, had the same ( but milled thinner & polished ) rim as the type 5's ???"

Heck - I was under the impression that the type 5 rim was much more "Rock Crusher" durable than the type 6, however the type 6 is lighter - so it's a tradeoff...?

What these aftermarket wheel companies need to do is provide better, much more detailed information about their products so we know what the H_LL we're buying!

If it wasn't for us helping each other on product selections, we wouldn't have a clue until we bought the wheels!!

Thanks,

Old 03-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

For your information, stock wheels on a 2004 Prairie 360 4x4 are stamped steel and not aluminum, go ahead and grab a magnet you'll see.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Directly from ITP website regarding type 5 and 6 wheels:

The C-Series Type 5 builds on the success of the original Type 4 wheel with an innovative new lightweight design and construction. Already known for its high durability, this C-Series wheel features a new "Rock Crusher" outer wheel lip for even more strength. In fact, the Type 5 is much stronger than spun or rolled wheel designs. This wheel comes with a bright machined finish thatšs clear-coated for easier maintenance and long-lasting good looks, and is priced competitively with 12" chrome steel wheels.

ITPšs new Type 6 C-Series wheel takes the Type 5 a couple of steps further with a precision-trimmed wheel lip for increased protection against terrain damage, then adds a show-stopping, fully-polished finish. This beauty is priced just slightly higher than competitive chrome steel wheels, but with a significant savings in weight.

Old 03-18-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Just some weight and info. Several dealerships I questioned, and even a major one online said "the TYPE 6 does NOT have the rockcrusher lip, but is precision trimmed and more polished" Dont know it that means stronger or prettier, they are vauge.

Some weights from my ITP's and P400 wheels, I just weighed my half worn stockers and my one mudlite, it matched exactly what UPS said, so I can trust that the front weight would be the same. The caps and lugs added about 1 pound per wheel.

ITP Type 6 with 26x12x12 Mudlite with cap and four lugs= 37 pounds
Stock rear wheel 10inch aluminum with 25 inch dunflop =24 pounds

ITP type 6 with 26x10x12 Mudlite with cap and four lugs =34 pounds
Stock front wheel 12 inch aluminum with 25 inch dunflop =20 pounds

BTW- the tire's and wheels I have are the exact same they would sell you for a 360, 650 or 700 Prairie

So im really adding like 54 pounds of unsprung weight. but it should be worth it.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

@maddog56, I have read the same info you have on ITP's Web Site - But it doesn't explain what the H_ll the difference really is between the type 5 >

"new "Rock Crusher" outer wheel lip for even more strength".

And the Type 6 >

"precision-trimmed wheel lip for increased protection against terrain damage"

They are not still not providing enough info to understand which is the stronger "better" wheel in the lip area...

The only thing I know for sure from reading their info is that the T-6 is a highly polished wheel, and is slightly lighter due to all the polishing.

They don't even clearly explain the "Offsets" which I've heard from others is different than the T-4

Old 03-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

After some hard searching I was able to find a copy of the ITP 2004 product fit guide. It might tell you what you want to know. It has many sheets to click on at the bottom of the page and lists all their wheels and then some:

2004 ITP product fit guide

Old 03-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Excellent Find! Lot's of info I didn't find anywhere else.

I've just sent an e-mail to ITP for other specific questions that aren't answered there. Like Wheel Lip (Real) differences, weights of center caps, Lug Nuts, etc, etc.

Thanks for finding the Link though!

Quick Reply: ITP C SERIES WHEELS