Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can you Ride in NC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 02:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Ride in NC?

nyroc:
glad to hear you are coming south!!!!
i live 45 miles north of charlotte.....we have great places to ride!!!!
we have groups of 25 or more atv's at a time on land near me....and a couple of state riding areas as well as some private ones....most have been mentioned allready. dont worry 'bout the rebel flag....you'll go native in no time!!!!
i have allways enjoyed your post's and tech tips!!! let me know when you get down here and KISSSOFDEATH and i will show you around and take you riding !!!
ps. what kind of work are you looking for?
C'ya soon i hope!

Old 03-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

I got a temporary job with microsoft. It pays well enough to get a new truck, trailer, house, P700, and V700. But, since it only lasts a year, I won't be getting any of that stuff.

My friends have been hauling me and my 650 with their own rigs. I have not hauled my 650 myslef since I had to sell my truck a year ago. I now have a Ford Focus Heavy Duty with a 2.0 Powerstoke Spark Ignition engine. I could tow my 4x7 trailer with it if I had to.

I know the Focus Heavy Duty wont out tow a bigger truck with a Powerstroke/Cummins/Duramax or even the gasoline trucks.
In fact it probably wont out tow a ranger/tacoma/S10/etc. Now that I think about it, it can't tow as much as a midsize car probably can.

Oops, now that I look at it, the Focus Heavy Duty doesn't even tow as much as my Prairie can tow. I have been so deceived!

Just kidding. I am actually a bit bummed that I dont have a truck.

I am anxious to go riding down there. Thanks for all the trail advice.

Old 03-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

We just got back from Windrock (2nd trip) and Telico (North Carolina). We spent a day riding Telico, mostly in the rain. We had a blast. There are some pretty hairy trails with lots of rocks and some are winch only - to get up and down. I would like to try some of those, but we didn't have time to waste on the most difficult trails. It is a very pretty area. The Smokie Mountains are some of the best riding. You will be pleased, I think.
If you spend too much time in the south, the accent will infiltrate your speaking. I moved to Texas almost 20 years ago (from northern Wisconsin) and I have taken on the drawl. It kind helps you fit in, I think. I found out that being a redneck is not a bad thing. I was surprised to discover I am one, and it's not a bad thing. I ride with my newly made redneck friends in east Texas, and we have fun. The people in the south are very friendly. By the way, i was born in Maine (I am a maniac).

Oh yeah, thanks for your great tech tips. I use them like a bible. I'm glad to see you will be working again. Go buy a rebel flag!!! It's not a racial thing, it is just a part of history. I am not or ever will be politically correct.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

nyroc:
im serious about the invite!!!!
when are you moving down?

Old 03-24-2004, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

I will be there next week. I will not be able to ride for a few weeks though. Plus, I don't know my work schedule.

The first thing I am gonna do is get a good storage facility so I can unload the truck. Then I will hunt for an apartment.

I hope I can work on the 650 in the storage shed, because I think it needs swingarm bearings. I need to take the winch apart and clean it too if I go to telico.

Old 03-24-2004, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Nyroc I honestly envy you guy. You are moving to one of the prettiest parts of the country you have ever seen that is home to some of the finest folks you could ever want to meet. I spent a summer working in a plant just north east of the speedway a few years ago where I made some friendships that will last a lifetime +. Once some of the guys that you've helped over the years find out you are there you'll have no problem finding a place to work on your junk.

BTW, I have a Rebel flag hanging on my garage wall here at home that was given to me by a local from down there. It ain't a racial thing or a redneck thing, but a sign of southern pride. If someone offers you a flag be sure to take it. It's a sign of acceptance and respect.

Old 03-25-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

WELCOME TO N.C, HOPE TOGET THE CHANCE TO RIDE WITH YOU SOON.

ALL OF NC,SC,VA AND SUROUNDING ATV RIDERS NEED TOGET A TRIP OR A MEETING SPOT TO RIDE THIS SUMMER WOULD BE NICE TO MEET SOME OF YALL.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

trust me dude....you got friends down here!!!!!
a place to work on your wheeler wont be a problem!!!!

Old 03-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

you can also ride on an island called porstmoth island at the beach and catch fish
for your dinner , but you will have to bring your own gas food and lodging. an sometims water. it will take a ferry to get there. and you can rent a cabin if book early enought. you would catch ferry at ceider island. if you need more info let know. Frank.oh yea i thought about u today while i pulled some shims out and was using that spring compreser. thanks again.. Frank. rancors crew chef

Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I can't convince some people, though. Read this topic about a guy that can't get tne belt off.

That topic has suddenly become very funny. Me and a few other regulars were trying to help this guy take his belt off. He said it won't come off and now he is trying to remove the drive pulley. I don't know why he can't take it off like the rest of us. Then at 9:30 this evening a guy with only one arm posted and said that he can take the belt off. That has to be embarassing for the guy that says the belt wont come off. I though it was funny.

Quick Reply: Can you Ride in NC?