Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Can you Ride in NC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Ride in NC?

I am moving to Charlotte, NC. I am worried that there is no riding anywhere. I never saw a single ATV during my trip down there. Someone please tell me it is a good place to find places to ride.

Maybe it was the route I took, because I actually didn't see a single ATV in NY, PA, WV, VA either. I know for a fact that there are tons of ATV's at least in NY and PA, and I think WV.

Another thing, why do some people in the south have a confederate flag? Is that non patriotic? Other people had american flags on their cars. I have no idea what goes on down there. I have heard that some people still are trying to fight the civil war down there. I realize we can't all agree on everything, but I feel that it is WRONG to break up the union over any issue.

Also, I saw a lot of cars with a sticker that looked like a tie or a bow on the back and I couldn't read the small letters. What is this for? Is it remembrance of loved ones lost in the war?

I dont think I will learn to talk with a drawl, since the people I will be working with are mostly from other places than the south. I decided to move since I could not find a job in Rochester. The unemployment rate is extrememly high here. Also, I have had nothing but low pay for the last two years in this area and that is why I had to get rid of my truck.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

Nyroc, I know this is off topic, but I have a question for you. As you know, the Kawi 650's run hot. What do you think about the idea of draining out the water/anti-freeze and filling up totally with water wetter?Of coarse, come fall, I would have to switch back to anti-freeze. Comments? Suggestions? Thanks...

Old 03-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

You can do it, water wetter recomends that. You should have a holeshot module to reduce engine heat. Make sure the needles are not lean also.

Evans NPG coolant is better than water wetter with water. I am not an expert on NPG. Mickey D has experience with it. Call the folks at www.evanscooling.com and ask them any questions about it.

Someone please tell me you can ride in that area. Maybe I will have to sell my 650 if I can't ride it.

Old 03-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the South, as far as the confederate stuff is concerned
we're getting over that, and the bow ties are probably good ole boys in GM products.
Don't know about riding areas near Charlotte, But you will be within driving distance of Hatfield
McCoy and Windrock near Knoxville. Lots of riding areas in the Smoky Mountains too.
Goodluck with the new move and we are glad to have you in our Area.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:13 PM
TRD
Weekend Warrior

Do a search on the internet for Brown Mountain atv fun little place to ride in NC.

Old 03-20-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah plenty down here ride. There's plenty of rednecks too--in some areas so I think a rebel flag could be a familiar sight. A new place just opened in Greenville, NC called Big Dogs (I think) with 450 acres...and there's a place I always go to called Buckleberry in Princeton, NC that's a pretty good place too

Old 03-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, TRD, Oxygen, and Tross for the advice. It is always hard to know where it is good to ride when you move to a new place.

Old 03-21-2004, 03:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

NYROC the yellow bow ties are in support of our troops... PREY FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know when you get to good old N.C.

Old 03-21-2004, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

Nyroc,

You are sort of a legend in ATV circles, and you will be missed in New York. Someone with your knowledge and having a hard time finding a good job? Not surprising really... New York City area economy was really slammed after September 11 and it rippled throughout the Upstate area.

Good luck my friend!

Old 03-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Nyroc,

I live in Huntersville (just on the northern edge of Charlotte). I have an 02 Prairie 650. I found this forum a while back but never got around to joining. I have seen a lot of good info on here. Here are some of the atv trails nearby:

Brown Mountain
This is good place for a day trip.

Uwharrie National Forest
This place is rocky. This is where I beat the crap out of my front wheels.

Brushy Mountain Motorsports
I haven't been here yet, but some of my friends went a couple weeks ago and said it was pretty good.

Enoree is a place in South Carolina.

Also, do a search for Upper Tellico. This place has some tough trails. It has been featured in Jeep magazines several times. There are some trails in Georgia and Tennessee that I haven't been to yet, but my friends and I are putting a trip together. We also go to Hatfield-McCoy in the fall. You are welcome to ride with us anytime.

Brown Mountain
Uwharrie National Forest
Brushy Mountain Motorsports
Enoree

Quick Reply: Can you Ride in NC?