Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 02:54 PM
NYC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?

While driving my buddys, (Which is brand New, Picked up this SAT) I didn't want to get Off!!!
I was having too much fun doin some wheelies & just flying...
My Only concern was No 4X4, But the trail ryding we did, he went through most of it, while getting stuck here or there but nothing major, & it was due to his Ryding expierence. (1st Quad, & 1st time ryding)
where he liked mine a lil better, He is just not use to the Power. Now me on the other hand I was so Impressed w/ the Power/Torque I wanted his bike. *I'll trade ya Buddy...* lol

So the 4X4 is my Only Concern about this bike!
I would like to use her in the Winter too...

Old 04-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

For winter driving talk to mentalstate.... skies and tracks. If you don't want to loose 4x4 the KVF700 might be nice... on the other hand the V force is more suited to your type of riding. Have you thought about keeping the scrammy too. I'm on the kvf instead of the vforce because we need it here for our trails.

Old 04-05-2004, 04:23 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

I wouldn't mind keeping the Scrammy, but right now I really don't have the Money to.
& I doubt my wife would really use the Scrammy. So for the time being, I can only have 1.
I'm really not sure on how much I use 4X4, I know I had used it a lil, but I think I could deal w/out it...
& for the Power/Torque the V had... WhoA! lol

Old 04-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

i have a scambler 2x4 and i bought and there truly is no comparison. the v is way more fun. i let people ride the scram but i always end up on the scam because they try the v once and you can't get them off.

Old 04-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

I think you should try a Prairie. Same awesome power with locking front diff. You lose some of the sport like ride, but not too much. I often ride with a Raptor and a Scrambler and they have a hard time keeping up with ME. My Raptor buddy just sold it and bought a Prairie. He's in heaven right now. An added benefit of the Prairie is you'll stay alot drier on wet, muddy rides.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

NYC...I recently purchased a V-Force but I still have the Scrammy too. I'm considering selling the Scrammy but havn't made up my mind. I can tell you if you like tons of torque the V-Force is simply awsome. It breaks my heart to say it but my moded Scrammy can't hang with the my stock V-Force in most situations. of course deep mud or slow hill climbs the Scrammy has the advantange and for obvious reasons. I love riding both atv's so I'm struggling with the decision of selling the Scrammy myself. I kinda like having both!!

Old 04-06-2004, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

Sold my scrammy 400 4x4 and bought the V-force. Do not miss the 4 wheel drive, even though it was nice to have at times. My V has not been stuck yet. Best decision I ever made (regarding atv's anyway) was to sell the scrammy and get the V. Go for it !

Old 04-06-2004, 02:59 PM
NYC
Pro Rider

Kool... Now it's jus gonna be selling the Scrammy....

So when I do pick up the V, Anything I should do/Be aware of?
Also I Was curious about the carbon Fiber edition... I've heard that the Red V, The Plastic was Brittle/Cheap... Now would this be the same w/ the carbon Fiber one?

Well ThX for the help Fellas...
It's Definitley Appreciated!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

NYCJust get your wife into riding and you can have both. Thats what i did. I wanted a V so i had her come on a few rides with us, and guess what she wanted a bike. So i said " lets get you a V-FORCE" . Its auto like my 650 and it comes in orange. Well now i have the best of both worlds. But i still want a DS 650 just for fun. My little girl is only 6 so i cant use her to get a 650. Or can i hmmmm [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004, 09:43 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

NYC,

I would stay away from either one of the L.E. KFX700's. The plastics on both the Lava Red & the Carbon Fiber are brittle, and will shatter at the slightest impact. Plus the L.E.'s cost more and if you need to replace any of the plastic, you will need to get a second job to pay for it.

Quick Reply: Thinking of Selling My Scrammy & Getting a V-Force, Worth it?