Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Power sliding the V-Force - riding tips

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power sliding the V-Force - riding tips

My latest wipeout while power sliding (my second) was with my 22" sand stars, not my holeshots. Still... 22" might be part of it. Or maybe the stars grip really well I don't know. Rider error definitely played a part, but my point is that the Baja seemed more forgiving in tight turns despite being just as big as the V.

Based on this feedback I am not going to write off the V-Force just yet, as it has worked for me very well in every situation other than the power slides.

In Glamis this weekend we sought out the big walls. Hit China. Competition was fun. We spent a lot of time on some big hill that only the paddles could climb. Spent a couple of ours in the big bowls just east of Roadrunner campground. The wet sand was a big help to my buddies without paddles in most places though. I got lost and had to go back the long way because the coulds kept me from seeing the sun. Good thing I had gassed up at the store (3 bucks a gallon and 1$ to use the restroom ha ha those bastards)
Left the GPS in the truck and had no compass. Dumb. Compass is a must on cloudy days I think.

The Sand Stars hooked up very well in all situations but maybe they grip a little too well when turning like a flat paddle. Maybe regular V paddles are the way to go.

I need a new seat. That stock seat is very fat and just slippery as hell. I want to be able to move on my seat but I don't want to slip all over the thing. Guess I need a cover.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I was on my 22" sand stars almost all weekend. They were great! I can see that if you were not prepared for the powerslide, they would want to hook up and toss you off. I camp towards the RR tracks. You can see the train for miles. You can get to the road and fly towards your camp. Have you ever been down to hill 6? It is at the south end (just north of the closed area). It is still steep, it looks like the other hills did 20 years ago (before they get flattened out).

Old 04-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

I am able to powerslide with the Holeshots if I pin the throttle wide open. If you let off, youre flying off though or else its coming over on top of you. Now the Sandstars on the other hand. I tried on them, can't do it. They hook up too good. But I sure wouldn't go trading my V because I couldn't powerslide it. Thats nuts.