Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

CDI Tested by Nyroc and Kissofdeath

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 01:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDI Tested by Nyroc and Kissofdeath

cartman i have a hmf s/o and its LOUD !!!! good for when your messing around but to loud for cruiseing thinking about going back to stock maybe nyroc mod was thinking about just trying to fab a turn down for it 1st

Old 04-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

NYROK & K.O.D... Thanks for sharing you story... it would be great to meet up & ride with any of the guys from the forum... I really enjoyed meeting & testing with D.W.B., last year... the lack of much faster top end speeds, I feel supports how much difference I feel the cams make, I'd like to see the DG-3 run out against the CDI... IMO, the 2 would probably perform very closely on a quad with out significant mods... I've been getting some heat lately, as a CDI basher, & that was never my intention, I just feel that internal mods are going to be required, to fully use the benifits that the CDI has to offer... most of the FST kit guy's have been pretty quiet lately... I'd like to here how a quad equiped with Mickey's cams would run out, when equiped with the CDI... another month or so, & I'll be back on my feet, after the tax time slaughter... maybe they'll be back in stock by then ???

NYROC... is there any chance that you guy's were slightly lean, with the CDI installed ???

Old 04-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Ok this is completely off topic but...

Nyroc I thought you lived in New York?

Andy

Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Andy, nyroc has been in NC for about a month now.

Mike W. I think my jetting is pretty close to perfect. Maybe someday you can follow in nyrocs footsteps and move to NC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then we can test together.

On a stock atv I dont think the CDI will make much "if any" difference at all, on a slightly modified one like I and nyroc have you should see atleast 1-2mph gain on top end "TRUST ME 1 mph is a lot". The true test is how fast it gets to top speed. In two weeks I will be able to give an accurate report of just how fast the Dynatek CDI is over the stocker at 300" and 600". Someone else may perform the test before me but I will still do my own test and post the results.

Old 04-25-2004, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

K.O.D... my work takes to to Kentucky once or twice a year, but I've never been east of there... I think I'd have a hard time there... the heat & humidity really kicks my butt ( I'd rather have it be -20*, than 90* ... you can always dress for the cold, but when it's that hot, sometimes neked isn't even good enough )... when it's like that up here ( about 2-3 months during the middle of summer, I typically go from air conditioner to air conditioner...LOL...

Old 04-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: newbeatle
sometimes neked isn't even good enough )
ROTFLMFAO!! nothing wrong with getting naked from time to time.

Old 04-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

K,O,D,
What weights were you running with the Dalton Blue. If I remember correctly the blue would work better for the V but why not try. The preproduction cdi gains timing from 1500 rpm rather compared to stock ramp. The new production ones start from 1100 rpm, a faster ramp much better for wheelys, lol.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Are these speeds speedometer indicated or GPS? I found my speedo to be fast by 5mph at top speed according to my Garmin Etrax GPS which I compared to my Jeep and is calibrated. Just wondering, I know its just a reference.

Old 04-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Gary aka alltoys, I run stock weights. Weights cost to much for me to experiement with. If I had a set of adjustable Dalton weights donated then I would evaluate them with different settings and springs.

Yamihoo, all these speeds were with the speedometer. I have a GPS but didnt think I would get to try out that CDI and on a good test road like I did. I know my speedometer is off also but if I remember correctly it was only around 2mph. Speedometer shows higher speed than the GPS did. Stock tires also.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

K,O,D,
There are quiet a number of variations to try with the adjustable weights with 3 holes to play with and number of rivets to try, I have tested for 2 weeks straight, 8 comparisons a day to get where I like the power band. Now that I am back to a stock motor I will play with different variations on the clutch again. I just remachined my new clutch, trying different tire sizes and so on to see where I can get the best performance. I find the stock weights on the 700 are to heavy for the 700 spring. One thing I did try was the belly buster weights from EPI and was not impressed. They do help on the low to mid range but not on top almost flat after 5000 rpm even on a stock P700. Keep up the good work. You will like the new cdi when you get it.

Quick Reply: CDI Tested by Nyroc and Kissofdeath