Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Put the 750 to the test!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put the 750 to the test!

I put my air box on our shops superflow bench and there are 2 key spots that i have found that you can drill out with a 1/2 inch bit and greatly reduce that AIR SPINNING effect and improve CFM

REMEMBER IT IS AIR VELOCITY not AIR QUANTITY that you want

I am working on a velocity stack intake that will replace the air box and air filter and those pint size stacks under the air filter. mabye next week when i am not too busy i will experiment more.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

in concern with the oil in the intake problem that is VERY EASY TO take care of.

I do HIGH turbo boost applications and elevated crank case pressures are ALWAYS a problem at 30+psi
or anything above 8000 rpm on most machines there is an easy fix
a crank case breather and catch can
here is a link to show one small enough that will work an atv and it is about 50 bucks

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/eclintake.htm

sheck it out it works and you can gauge actually how much oil it actually sucks up

Old 04-29-2004, 11:10 AM
Range Rover

I was hoping to run into you...WildWill. I was up there as well with a friend on his 650 Rincon. I had the opportunity to compare my setup to two other stock Prairie 700's. Only deficiency is the OEM suspension. I got beat up by FlatRock road. My Elka components will be here tomorrow. I'll be back at Tug Hill Memorial Day Weekend.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

WILDWILL

I SEE YOU ARE USING EVANS COOLANT. FROM WHAT I HAVE READ YOU NEED TO DRAIN ALL OF THE EXISTING COOLANT FROM
THE MOTOR. HOW DID YOU DRAIN THE COOLANT OUT OF YOUR MOTOR? ALSO WHERE CAN I GET IT.

THANKS FOR ANY INFO

Old 04-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

I'll also be installing the Evans coolant... I believe they reccommend 1% or less water in your system... I'll be removing my lower hose, & draining it from there, then blowing out the system... also installing a High Lifter temp gauge to monitor temps, & removing the thermostat... here is the Evans website for the NPG +... I've also heard that they have an improved type "R" now...

http://www.evanscooling.com/main31.htm

Old 04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Why would you want to remove the thermostat?

Old 04-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

Vforcejohn,
That catch can should work, Thanks! I think I will see if there is enough room and try one.

With your flow testing were was the best place for the holes? I was thinking of making a plate to sit on top of the stacks with holes that match the top of the stacks. I think I can attach it to the air filter holder so it just rests on top of the stacks when snug. This should make the stacks work like they are doubled in size. The air will already be at the top of the stack instead of being pulled from the bottom. What do you think? That's what goes threw my mind when I can't sleep at nite![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Keep us informed on how your velosity stacks are coming along. LOL

Vforcestan,
Sorry I missed you, maybe next time! We really didn't see to many wheelers around, no other Prairies in site except the 2 that were with us.

Kawieman,
I talk to Evans and they said to make sure you darin it and flush it out with distilled water. I jacked up the front about 6in. and pulled the drain plug, removed the thermostat and flushed with 6 gals of water. I was using Engine Ice so I ran the water threw until it was clear. I then pushed out the extra with compressed air in threw the radiator cap out the drain plug. Our machines only need 2 qts. to fill em, so I left the plug off and ran about a qt. of the Evans threw first. This pushed any extra water out, the coolant does not mix with water. You still have a qt. extra. After I ran it for awhile I tested it with the test strip they give you, and it passed! This stuff works![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

KOD,
The better the coolant flows the better it works! They thermostat resticts it. Call them up they can explain any questions?

Old 04-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

Wildwill I am curious, what is your tire diameter, because I hit 80 on my vforce at about 8400 rpms with 22" itp's and it took me about a quarter of a mile to get there. I wonder is there any gearing difference between the vforce and the p's. lots of un answered questions I guess. Clutching seems to keep these big bores from going to much faster. Its weird though, on the dyno my bike was up in the 9500 rpm range, must be the amount of rolling resistence, I don't think I could even hit 9500 rpm with the nitrous on the ground, maybe alltoys can answer these questions. Anyway that big bore makes these bikes down right fun.

Old 04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

sincityduner,
I am running stock size tires 25in. I really don't know what the gear ratio difference is between the Prairie and the V-force? I do think that the Dyna CDI helps! It did take me about 1/4 mile to get up that fast too. I think this new modded/litened clutch I have should cut the distance down plus add some more MPH![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Put the 750 to the test!