Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

k&n filter bad????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k&n filter bad????????

just searching through different thing and niticing that people are saying that the k&n filters arent all that good i had one on my 300ex and it filtererd fine thinkig of buying one for my 03650 my buddies got one on his 650 and the fit and filtering seems good should i get a different kind if so which one and why. thanx.

Old 04-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

I can't say that I have ever heard anything bad about a k&N filter. I have run them for years without any problems and by the seat of the pants feel, I have had a performance increase everytime. Every one I have had fit perfectly. I buy them more for protecting the motor than for performance, but they definitely flow well. I have never done any direct comparisons with anything other than stock, so maybe there are better things out there. I personally hate cleaning and oiling a foam filter. the K & N can be cleaned with cleaner and water and reoiled with a spray can of oil. It is the last filter you have to buy, what's not to love? just my opinion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

I too have a K&N but.... I also have twin air and the stock filter. K&N when you clean it all the time is not good so in the dusty enviroments, even on trail I will pull my k&N out and put in my twin air. The 03 air filters are different than the 02, the 02 are flat and the edges of the K&N are loose and it requires lots of experince to get a propper seal. I think the 03 K&N will be nice but I haven't bought a K&N for my 700 yet, right now I have the stocker and Twin air and I don't know if K&N will be my third filter but it probably will. You will see a performance increase but I don't like performance increases if it will hurt my quad in the long run. I want my quad to breath healthy so I have em all.