Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

does anyone have any dyno specs on a Vforce with a CDI

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have any dyno specs on a Vforce with a CDI

VforceJohn. I too dyno'd my Vforce on the same dyno. My stock HP was almost identical to yours. The gain from 35 to 43 is absolutely remarkable. This gain would be completely unbelievable if you had said you used any pipe OTHER than the MUZZY. I Dyno'd my V with the stock pipe, DMC Alien and the Yoshi. My numbers are no where near yours. It goes to show, that the ONLY pipe out there that is actually TUNED properly is the Muzzy. This is a fact that most manufacturers never properly design there products. I just went through this a few days ago dyno tuning my P700. I wanted to remove the pipe and beat the sh$! out of it with a sledge. I just spent 500.00 on it a week earlier. I would love to see your dyno run. Could you PLEASE send it via email in Dynojet format? I have DJ Runviewer on all of my PC's. Thanks...and way to go on the tuning!

Old 05-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Range Rover

VFORCEJOHN thanks for doing the work and posting the results. I'm so relieved to finally see some real, and decent, hp gain numbers from an exhaust upgrade for the V. The data is very hard to come by for the V. Seems like for almost any other quad you can find more dyno charts than you have time to look at, but not so with the V. I hope someone out there has the data you're looking for on the CDI.

And I have to agree with VforceStan that for now, until we get more data on the upcoming (and already overdue according to my correspondence with them) CT Racing 2 into 1, the Muzzy system is the way to go. I would hope that Yoshi and DMC and HMF and FMF would all take a hint, go back to the drawing board, and come up with some tuned systems.

It seems to me that 50 rwhp for under a thousand bucks of bolt ons might be achievable... does anyone have something like this mapped out?

In other words, can we solve this equation:

Stock V + Muzzy + fatter jets + airbox mods + spring + weights + clutch cover + ??? = 50 rwhp

Thoughts?

Old 05-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

I think that equation is pushing it, should go along these lines:

stock V + muzzy + air box mods + degree key + cams + jets + spring + weights + face plate = 50 rwhp or more, guessing more.

This should be under $1000 still as most things can be done in your garage.

Old 05-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Muzzy is the best pipe for the money.I would like to get mine on dyno to see what I got going to the wheels.

Old 05-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

got to say thanks for all the good info here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

sounds like muzzy kicks azz

Old 05-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: VFORCEJOHN
yes we have a fans huge industrial actually 2 of them and the garage has doors open front and back. As far as air box mods i drilled(10 holes in the air box but there were only 2 holes in the air box lid that actually worked tried alot of different holes/ using the SUPER FLOW MACHINE I found 2 key spots that worked extremely well and taped up the rest of the holes jetting is dynojet jets 138/142 which i thought would be too lean but dyno says different??????????
the bike made 12.6 A/F ratio across the board which made the most HP and torque at that setting. still using the stock snorkel and air filter/ tried napa hose mod and made .25 LESS horsepower and made the a/f get erratic in the 7000-8500 range
ive had the bike for over 1 year and i can climb hills that were before impossible!
living in coal country Pennsylvania the hill climbs are most important.

looks like alot of us may be jetting to rich[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

did you shim the needels?

Old 05-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

no needle shim on the carbs still trying more tricks with the intaks as this loks to be designed to actually restrict airflow to control the hp
also trying to get a cdi and carbs off of a newer 650 Suzuki v-twin street bike VERY similar motor

Old 05-04-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Work that V-Force!!! What size are the carbs on that street bike? There is a rumor that the '05 v-forces are getting bigger carbs.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

VFORCEJOHN we are all dying to see your air box lid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

and thanks for all the great info, your the man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]