Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

does anyone have any dyno specs on a Vforce with a CDI

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone have any dyno specs on a Vforce with a CDI

Old 04-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

goofed on that post well anyway. I am not normally a forum participator but have been reading this forum for months. I have a vforce with a muzzy 2-1 pipe and jets and airbox mods. The place i work has a Dynojet ATV Dynamometer and A/F ratio so i dyno and tune my vforce often. i was concidering a CDI now that i have the exhaust but was concerned about HP gains. mine stock was making 35.2 hp and 28 torque and now tuned and piped is making 43.68 hp and 34.0 torque. It is as tuned as i can get it being mostly all stock and wonder if the cdi is worth it.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Nice gains, I have heard a CDI or degree key is good but comes into its own when you add cams. Thats what I hear, I don't know why it would show more benefit though. What sort of air box mods have you made? I'm going to make two ram air type air snorkles from the front hood. On your dyno do you have a fan? If not I bet your making more power and might actually be lean if you jet without a fan on the dyno. Or does the dyno software account for that? I'm sure you know what your doing, just saying.

Old 04-28-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Are you running Dynojets Jet kit on your V? If so what #s. Those #s sound good!

Old 04-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

yes we have a fans huge industrial actually 2 of them and the garage has doors open front and back. As far as air box mods i drilled(10 holes in the air box but there were only 2 holes in the air box lid that actually worked tried alot of different holes/ using the SUPER FLOW MACHINE I found 2 key spots that worked extremely well and taped up the rest of the holes jetting is dynojet jets 138/142 which i thought would be too lean but dyno says different??????????
the bike made 12.6 A/F ratio across the board which made the most HP and torque at that setting. still using the stock snorkel and air filter/ tried napa hose mod and made .25 LESS horsepower and made the a/f get erratic in the 7000-8500 range
ive had the bike for over 1 year and i can climb hills that were before impossible!
living in coal country Pennsylvania the hill climbs are most important.

these were on pump Exxon 93 octane gas.

BTW are there any GNCC racers out there going to Rausch Creek for the race on MAY 15th it is rocky and deluged but still a blast.
we are having a dyno day on either the 15th or 16th depending on the amount of appointments 75.00 for 3-5 runs and A/f ratio

as far as dyno info we have a 248x with WIN PEP7 everything is 3 months old and unlike many dyno shops we use 0 smoothing and SAE
correction which is most exact and unmodified.

I have all the runs graphed and labeled.
if i knew how to transfer them to post them i could show you them.
mabye some one could tell me my brain cells may be too fried from too much exhaust vapor.

also I appreciated the pipe sounds from bbertam mabye i can get a muzzy clip on there too it sounds a little different than duals

another big problem i see alot of people have is that nasty backfire. I found the cure for mine. it wasnt in the a/f ratio screw but simply a dirty air filter/ cleaned it and it NEVER did it again. go figure........

any other info on this machine is helpful.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

Did you remove the baffle in the air box when you performed your air turbulence tests? If you want some more power you can look at cams, CDI or degree key and a big bore kit. Then you will have some impressive power. I would guess 55-60 hp to the ground. Look up a post by Helix on Kawieriders. I can't give the website but do a search for it on google. The post is something about 75 hp big bore or along those lines. If those post disappears PM me your e-mail address and I can get you the info. There is so much information on these forums, you will be reading for days, trust me.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer

no I did not do any lower air box mods
i don't want to mess up the lower until i make a better velocity stack intake or get another stock lower
to mess with incase it lowers the hp

i am sure they are not too cheap

Old 04-29-2004, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

I have also heard that PRO FLOW is making a new replacment airbox due out in the summer

Old 04-29-2004, 04:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

As far as air box mods i drilled(10 holes in the air box but there were only 2 holes in the air box lid that actually worked tried alot of different holes/ using the SUPER FLOW MACHINE I found 2 key spots that worked extremely well and taped up the rest of the holes
Hey VFORCEJOHN, Is there any chance of taking a some pics of your airbox lid and posting it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer

I too would like to see the location of these holes

Quick Reply: does anyone have any dyno specs on a Vforce with a CDI