Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

a question for every kawasaki owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a question for every kawasaki owner

I bought the Prairie first because I was sick of my Arctic Cat 500i breaking on me. So I decided to go back to a solid rear axle and I wanted a big bore. The only one was Kawasaki. I bought it over the phone because of all the good things being said about it over the internet. I drove it for a few months, sold my Z400 and bought my v-force over the phone, lol. Never test drove either, I love them both. Wicked quads.

Old 04-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

We started out with kawi's for a few reasons... I had been busting my butt for too long, with no toy's, so I rationalized the blade for the drive way, & called the 300 Prairie, both a toy & a tool... we bought a 220 Bayou & an open 2 place trailer to go with it... the actual reason we chose the Kawi over the Polaris's, & Yamaha's, was the price on the Polaris, & the fact that they both had gas gauges, & brake lights, which the Yamaha's didn,t... the reason these 3 brands were the choice, is that was the main local dealer... & I didn't want to drive alover to go to a dealership... well the next year the 650 Prairie came out, & I had to have one... the rest is history...

Old 04-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

We bought or 2003 p360 because in that size and price range it had the best features: auto, locker, good brakes, low range, 2wd/4wd selectable and engine braking. The p700 came next because the 360 is just awesome off road it just needed more power. I did look at the compitetion when we got the p700 as I was interested in IRS but decided I liked less moving parts and the rest of the features. I figured I would put larger tires on it if I wanted more clearence.

Old 04-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

I based my decision partly on the awesome customer service and good pricing that the Kawie dealer here provides. Having said that, I love my V-Force and knew that I wanted one as soon as I saw it.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I owned a predator, mostly trail riding with my gf on the back. That sucked!!!!!!!! No mud protection, hard shocks, small seat, manual, you know. I used to race the circuit for a couple years so i wanted something fast and with *****. The Prairie was everything i asked for. Mud protection, 4 wheel drive, ( I pulled a back muscle trying to get Predator out of clay on time, i was like **** on this) softer suspension, bigger seat, more comfortable ride for me and my gf. I don't have to worry about what gear, no shifting, no clutch, you can carry stuff on what they call racks, Diff lock, which i always was envious of because you can always get stuck with a three wheel drive. Kawasaki IMO and many others (magazines, racers, etc) is in the top two for reliability.

Diesel

Old 04-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine got me back into quads when he went out and bought a new Grizzly 660. He bragged about it's IRS, and how he was getting one with the limited edition Titanium paint.

I started researching big bore sport/utility quads on the internet. Every article I found rated the Prairie the best. I ride cruiser bikes, so I really liked the idea of having a V-twin. Kawasaki is well respected in the street bike and dirt bike communities, so I figured I would be OK with one of their quads. Bought the extended warranty, but the Prairie hasn't been back to the dealer once since the initial service!!

Now, two years later, my Prairie is pretty well modded, and my buddy with the Grizzly (still stock) won't even go riding with me because he says that my tires throw too much crap back at him!! Great choice!

Old 04-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I don't like to tip over, either while walking or riding. The P650/700 has a low c.g. and I don't feel like I'm going to tip over, at least not until I get off the bike.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just buy what I like and based upon the model, not the brand.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Trailblazer

I got my prairie because I wanted the best combination of sport and utility and imo the prairie can't be beat. I can plow the driveway, tow more than 1/2 a ton, put my 27's on and mud with the best of them or leave the 25's on and pretty much outrun or atleast keep up with just about any 400cc or smaller sport quad out there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] You get the best of both worlds all in one machine.

Old 04-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Range Rover

I've owned, ridden, raced all sorts of bikes in my past 39yrs....and I am NOT brand specific... Each company has their good, their so-so, and their bad bikes. I bought the P700 after a couple of months of research, and then riding as many atv's as possible, and really trying to match the bike to my riding style, and needs/wants... The P700 is an awsome machine through and through... and has never let me down yet!

The biggest sales factor was when I came back from testing the P700... my wife said... "geeeshhh.. I could see your smile a mile away! THAT'S THE BIKE FOR YOU!!!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: a question for every kawasaki owner