Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New! ~ HMF PENLAND PIPE and check out the changes Ive Made!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New! ~ HMF PENLAND PIPE and check out the changes Ive Made!!

I just installed the HMF Penland full Series on my Prairie. I made a few other little mods and threw away that 2 ton front bumper for a Custom made to fit PRM Summit Aluminum! Not only does my front end come up like a sport quad! But this Prairie FLY'S like NEVER before! I was happy switching back from stock to slip-on, But this full system has really waken up the Prairie big time! and I believe takes better advantage of the CDI? Working with HMF Penland designed the exhaust and I think put his Name on it for more then Money, it seems like a very good product so far? Larger pipe size and very different from the Reg. HMF full system setup. Im running the Dyna CDI, jetting at 145-148, DG Snorkel, Twin Air Filter, TPI Value and EPI Pink Spring. On my trial runs she felt almost like my V-Force did! Power was Great through low and mid range, I wasnt able to hit top end because I ran out of street! but hit 50mph awful fast!! I will let you know later what she tops out at and how this weekends ride goes! I plan on riding ALL DAY!! Who knows? maybe until Midnight?~lol I will put it to the Test and let you guys know what I think?? ~ coop

( Also Have a few photos on web site tell me what you think? )

www.MarylandATV.com

KVF 700 Prairie Sport 4x4 !

TRX 2-something-R
V-Force-SOLD!
And a bunch of other Toyz!

Old 04-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

How much louder is the Penland complete compared to the slip-on HMF? Do they make a spark arrester for the Penland pipe?
Thanks

Old 04-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sound wise just about the same as the slip on, but has a much deeper tone and sounds sweeter. yep there also is a quite core and spark arrester, I got it but I don't have it installed. There was someone on this Form that wanted sound clips for there web site? Maybe later on next week I will up load it for them? I took it out for another spin this evening and no one freaked out like that did when I went around the block on the v-force!~lol Its not near as loud as that was with them dual aliens. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
V-Force-SOLD!

Old 05-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Nice looking machine! How do you like that gripper set cover? Got to love that slime green[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I hear next year they are going to offer that as a color for the Prairie's? That will be cool because then we can get replacement pieces if needed. I hear they will have a different plastic design for the IRS and the same as ours(02 to 04) for the soild axle that they will still offer. Cross my fingers!

Old 05-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

That is nice looking. That rear bumper/grab bar will mount with the rear rack intact wont it??

Old 05-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

NICE QUAD!!!!! Ill give you mine and my dads for it!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I got the Seat Cover from Mickey and its worth every Penny!! with all the talk about Mickeys Big Bore Kits, CAMS, CDI's Etc. This Seat Cover has been seriously over looked as a performance inhancer!~lol~ I don't think the PRM will just bolt right up and fit with the back rack on. Because of the center supports? Maybe you could tweak it and make it fit I'm just not a 100% sure? For me I can always bolt on the front if I need to carry a little something. Ive been crashed into 4 times already. I have to have something!
Saturday's Ride went well,, Im very happy with the setup on my Prairie, besides needing to do a little shimming it looks like? (back fire that the air screws wouldn't get rid of??) I'm very happy with the Penland Pipe! The sound has a nice rumble and is not to loud, Power was very strong through the low and mid range and on the top I got up to just about 70 before I started to run out of coal road and had to back off. If I had more room I might have been able to squeeze out a little more out but will say that's about tops because I don't need to go any faster, or do I ? ~lol. The quad pulls so much quicker to 50 those and this is the perfect setup for me! I do mostly woods riding and the power is right where I want it. I haven't really done much with the clutching yet, that's next on the list then I think I'm done? ~Wildwill I know Sgt_Rock is getting his Prairie Setup with a Big bore kind of like your also and both of you Guys don't live to far from where I ride. We gotta set a Date and get together sometime? I would love to see how the Prairie's compare? There are a few stock Prairies that ride with us from time to time. You've got JJDog -AKA (The reason I have a NEW rear bumper)~lol with a 785 v-force and a few other on the form that don't live far! I'm sure we would get a good little turn out! Matter a fact The Ride could turn into a Pennsylvania ATV Connection Kawasaki Ride??~lol. ~coop

www.MarylandATV.com

Prairie 700
TRX 2-something-R
V-Force-SOLD!