Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Less hare scrambles this year ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less hare scrambles this year ???

& more time at the Drag Strips...

I have found several ( north Iowa ) local drag strips that will let me run on their test & tune days ( Saturday )... so far no competition to race, but if I start going each Saturday, & I put on a little bit of a show in the burn out pit, I may attract enough attention to get other ATV's to the strips... I was told that $30.00 will buy me a handfull of time slips... so I'm going to use this opportunity to test the "original" DGR Holeshot, against the Nabor unit, against the new DG-3... after a few times attending, at which I'll be (1st) trying tires, the Dalton cover ( with no KBEC ), & primary springs, then after I dial in which works best here, then I'll be trying the modules... wish I had a CDI to test as well, but I currently have pulling rims being custom made ( that I have to pay for 1st ), then maybe the CDI... If I have time to finish up a few things, I could be at the strip as early as this week end, but more likely next week end... of course I'll post my time slips as soon as I'm back from the track... & some pics...

Old 05-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Less hare scrambles this year ???

After much thought & discussion, my 1st trip, will be to determine which tires perform best at the strip... I'll be lowering my suspension, like I did for ice racing, & I'll be taking 3 rear sets ( & using my lightest front wheels & tires, probably the stock Dunlops on the stock wheels )... rears tested will include a set of 22" X 11" X 9" GBC Schredders, mounted on a set of ITP T-9 Pro Baja's, a set of stock 25" X 10" X 12" Dunlops, mounted on stock wheels, & a set of 26" X 11" x 12" Goodyear MTR radials mounted on a set of Keizer double bead locks... with the FST cams in my big bore, I'd expect that the 22" tires will perform the best at the strip, but I'll be 1st testing these tires diameters to see... if the 22" work the best, if they do, as I expect, then I'll make the purchase of a pair of a pair of Duro hf-224's... they are a turf style treaded 2 ply tire, 23" X 10.5" X 12"... & only cost about $25.00 each... something I can afford to smoke off in the burn out pit...I also have a few designs of light weight wheelie bars that will easily just slip into my reciever hitch ( I'll consult with tech check, before fabricating a set )

my 2nd trip to the strip, I intend to have the Dalton face plate on, & an assortment of springs to test, as well as the fastest tires from the previous trip, also the wheelie bars, if I determine I need them...

by the 3rd trip to the strip, I should be dialed in close enough to test the modules...