Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

where do you stop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do you stop?

When you decide to purchase a new atv.where is your cut off line as far as money goes?Do you plan to spend {X} amount of money.Then get to the dealers and spend more than you planned too>on extras.Like in today's age of wheelers go,they keep making them bigger and better,and of couse the price keep's getting higher.When do you as a buyer say {as an example}>my 700 is big enough and leave that 750 sitting at the dealer?
I for one {think} that my new 04 700 will alway's be big enough to do what I need to do.And I also think it has power and speed enough to suit me ,but when it get's old and in hard shape,and the time comes to once again trade.Would you just get another 700 or would you ge that 900 that will be out by the time I get ready to trade again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got a new p700 a month or so ago. I am not too worried about the 750 efi, but in about 3-5 years it will be time to get a new ute. I'm sure that I will be searching for the biggest and baddest I can at that point.

I originally had an 01 rancher 4x4 and wanted a new 04 rancher at 400. Then the vinson caught my eye with better looks, more power, and a bigger price. Then, since I was already breaking the 6k barrier, I opted for the prairie. I ended up getting the machine I liked best, and whats another grand when you are already spending 5300? Especially if you can be happy afterwords and not wish you had something else.

Old 05-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer

simple answer to thet question goes back to the old saying:

"HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS"

you only live once!

Old 05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

I think you answer this one for you: for one {think} that my new 04 700 will alway's be big enough to do what I need to do. And I also think it has power and speed enough to suit m , but when it get's old and in hard shape, and the time comes to once again trade. I look for a new one when my old one has 18000km on it... however the IRS is interesting me. From my 400 to the 650 though I upgraded for the features like 2/4 difflock etc... I'm first on the list for putting too much money on my machine... I would rather spending 10 dollars on the quad compared to 1 dollar on my truck!

Wecome to the fourms... where information is free but where if you read too much it can cost you A LOT ie. CDI, shocks, tires, lowend freq box, there might even be a V in this list.

Old 05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

Since 88 I have purchased a new wheeler about every 5 yrs started at $2800 and now $6400 for the Prairie. I typically modify them to suit my needs/wants at the time and when they're old and I'm sick of them I buy whats available that tickles my fancy at the time. It will be this cycle until I'm dead or the wife has a say in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

It's all you guys fault! I started out with a new Suzuki 500 thought it was the stuff. Then needed to get a used quad for momma, started looking on the forums for advice and info what to look out for. Bought her a quad started looking for ways to make mine faster better etc. seen how many kids were involved on here had to buy some for them. Then all the talk about how big and bad the Prairie was next thing you know I had to have one. Will then everyone starts talking about V-Forces and well I'm buying one of those in about 4 weeks. I blame you guys because I make my wife crazy with this upgrade need faster stuff. It is a sickness and I have a terminal case, and all of you help spread it now I spread it too. I am still trying to win the most toys contest but the budget is preventing me from winning, I will keep trying though............................

Old 05-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: EasterEgg
Since 88 I have purchased a new wheeler about every 5 yrs started at $2800 and now $6400 for the Prairie. I typically modify them to suit my needs/wants at the time and when they're old and I'm sick of them I buy whats available that tickles my fancy at the time. It will be this cycle until I'm dead or the wife has a say in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
good philosiphy. What ever tickles your pickle

Old 05-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I picked up a new p700 on Friday, with handguards, 27" mud lights and a warn 2500lb winch. This weekend I will be picking up a trapper front box, this should satisfy me till hunting season, when I pick up a couple of gun boots and possibly a front fairing and rear box. It is myturn to enjoy what I have read so much about on this forum for the last 6 months.

Old 05-06-2004, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

Congrat's on the new p700,see I tell you it never stop's.lmao injoy the new ride.

Old 05-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Range Rover

I am relatively new to atv's.... I bought my P700 in Oct. I found this forum as part of my research for what atv would suite my style of riding. Having grown up on go-cart racing, motorcross, then moving to drag cars, SCCA racing, ProStreet cars, cruiser street bikes, and then Sportbikes.... speed and accelleration was a must. But also, my family is big into atv 4-wheeling, mudding, trails.. so I wanted to do that too. Once I rode my brothers P650... I knew that was the bike for me. Then I started reading about the P700...and test rode one, and it just 'felt" right! My wife said she could see my smile a mile away!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
At first I thought..."I won't have to touch a thing on this bike.. Love it as is." Then I started seeing little things.... The crappy Dunflat tires, the slow engine advance off the line, the reverse limit (I always seemed to miss hitting that switch when getting stuck in a mud hole! LOL), and the exhaust was a bit timid sounding IMO...
And I read about all the cool ways to fix these little problems, and gain a few ponies ta-boot!! My wife REALLY wants me to stop reading this forum! LOL I went from wanting an atv for myself to, buying her a new Kodiak, and two for the kids, and a 8x24' snowmobile trailer..(you have to have something that hauls all 4 easily! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

THANKS ATV CONNECTION FORUM!!!!

Quick Reply: where do you stop?