Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

P 700 @ the shop for last 3 week ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P 700 @ the shop for last 3 week ...

mtd,

Did you try the Sussex dealer? Sleds & Treads?

Achtung

Old 05-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

mtd

I purchased my bike at G&G Brothers in Miramichi. They are a very good dealer. I'm sure that if you talk to the guys at G&G and explain to them that you need a bike for the Jamboree, they will loan you one. My bike was in the shop last year, and we had a run planned, and I was in the same situation. Parts where on backordered. They offered to lend me a bike for the weekend, but they finally got the parts in time, so it all worked out in the end.

You may also want to explore the possibility of getting them to take the part off a new bike to use in yours. I know it's not every dealer who will do that, but if they get the OK from Kawasaki Canada, I'm sure they would do it. I know you didn't purchase your bike at this specific dealer, but I'm sure they will come throught for you. They've always did for me.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

No I haven't had any problem with my front diffi on either quad. I have over 2000km on my 700 now. The other thing you can get your dealer to do is pull the shaft out of the front and run the rally in 2wd.

Old 05-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Achtung

I don't really think that it's dealer related problem. I doesn't really matter to which dealer he brings the bike, if the parts are on backorder, not much can be done. Basically you just have to wait and be patient. I know it sucks having to wait, specially when you have a big run planned for the long weekend of May. On the bright side Tony, you still have 2 full week before the Jamboree, so hopefully everything will work out.

The only other avenue that I can see is using parts off another bike.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi MTD,

You are too hard on your bike!!!I saw you when you and your dad borrowed my bike in March!! LOL

Did you asked Daren @ G&G to take the part from another bike they have in stock?
Can they unjammed it so you can still drive your bike? you do not need 4wd in our beautifull Bouctouche Trail network! And with the tire you have you should be OK on 2wd.

You should do like a guy from dans l'fond d'la baie, a bearing on the crank ruins his bombardier engine, he called Bombardier in Quebec 2 to 3 times a day until they send a brand new engine by courier. They must have this part somewere in America, on test bike or demo, FEDEX is overnight delivery!!!

hey Lucky Luke, if you have a bike this weekend, A gang from Bouctouche (me, Pat & my sister, Peanut, Steven & maybe Roger), we are going to the First Annual Alma Run à Fundy.

Tu es le bienvenu de venir avec nous!!!

Eric

Old 05-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: aksafari
They disabled the brakes and you can still use it????

Uhhhh...
Yes, they just unhooked the brake lines and fastened them up out of the way. I use the rear brakes when I need them, but the engine brake is all I need most of the time.

Old 05-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Hey sportsmaneplan

Nice to see someone else from New Brunswick on the site. My GF is originally from Bouctouche, (St-Maurice to be exact), but we live in Fredericton now and I'm originally from Miramichi. We where down in Bouctouche last March for the big carnival, too bad it rained all day Saturday. You guys have some awesome winter trails down that way. We plan on going down sometime this summer to ride the trails in the summer time.

Tony, like Eric said, if you talk to Daren at GG, I'm sure he will be able to help you out. They are a great bunch of guys over there.

Old 05-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Kawidan,

Me and Tony were member of the organizers of the the Carnival, the weather did not help us! did you come on Sunday? it was perfect!!

You and your GF are welcome on the Bouctouche trails anytime!! the trail is going near St-Maurice

bye

Old 05-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

sportsmaneplan

I knew that Tony was an organizer. I seen him at the gun club, but at the time I didn't know it was him. Nope I didn't go on the Sunday, we decided to head back to Fredericton early.

I knew about the trail near St-Maurice. Where the trail crosses the old road that goes between St-Anne and Boutouche, my GF's parents live right beside it.

Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 PM
mtd
Range Rover

Yeap Boy's, Spoke to Darren at G&G and also spoke to the Kawy guy's in Toronto and they are trying to do something before the Jamboree but he's got only 2 left in stock and 1 could be sold so...

Eric, I called Toronto where all the part are ship from in Canada and they are out of stock, the manager called the U.S. rep and same freaking thing.

They will check with Japan to see when they will have the part in and will update G&G's.

Thanks for your support. Bye the way thanks Eric for your invitation but I doubt I'll make it with my pedal bike. (Nice house too, I should get into the blanket business) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Had to peak throught the window for an alarm...

Tony

Quick Reply: P 700 @ the shop for last 3 week ...