Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Badlands XTR report

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badlands XTR report

I don't blame you for doing that Kawi650.

I have been considering trying to enlarge the holes in my helmet a little. I know that isn't exactly a DOT approved thing to do, but I am sure I would have most of my protection.

Newbeetle, I'm not sure that I am willing to buy the 11" wide ones now. I know that I should otherwise someone else would beat me to it. Fact is my 10 wide ones worked pretty well.

WileyCoyote, what you said about "I'm pretty sure He expects us to use it" is true, and it makes my point that god does expect you to use your own brain and never intended for someone else to force you to make the right choice.

When cain said "am I my brother's keeper" he used a truth to hide a lie. People have been doing that for a long time. However that is not the central question that is answered by the rest of the bible. All of the prophets have prophesied of Christ, whether by name or not. Sure there are lessons and history and such making the bible as thick as it is but the whole point of the Bible is to bring us unto Christ and follow him.

Going to church alone wont save you.
reading scriptures alone wont save you.
Counting the steps you walk on saturday won't save you.
Merely confessing christ or saying you believe in him won't save you.

However, following Christ will save you. That is the whole point of the Bible. Christ is the cornerstone. Without his sacrifice, we would all eventually become subjects to the devil after this life due to our iniability to make restitution for our sins. He fixed that. We will be free after this life, some of us more than others.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

I couldn't help crack a smile that a tire report turned into discussion of theology.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

Back to tires I ordered my very first set of 12" wide tires ever! I got a deal on mudlights 26. But before the mudlights came up I was very close to put the badlands on it.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

To me, this forum is a religious experience, since it is written "man is that he might have joy".

Riding a 650 with my friends gives me this joy. At least it did until my swingarm bearings went bad on the last ride. However, I am a man of faith. It is also written that "faith without works is dead", so I went to work on my swingarm while also believing that I could fix it.

I have yet to see how it will turn out, since the replacement parts aren't here yet, but I will continue to have faith that I will again be able to ride with Kissofdeath, Grnbomb, Prairie633 and others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forgive me for I have sinned. I accidentally got water inside my rear diff since I didn't realize when I pulled the drive shaft that water could get into the rearend. I drained it. Then I put "heet" in it and shook it around. I drained that too and now it is air drying. I ordered two bottles of 424 and I am going to use one bottle for a day and then change it again just to make sure that it is good to go.

I hope I don't have any problems because of that dumb move.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

good points NYROC!!!
back to the helmet issue.....im one o those people in the county line pics.....the pics were taken during stops....yes there were two of the guys riding that didnt have helmets..... and i gave them a hard time about it.....but one was on a grizz and the other on an arctic cat.....so that tells ya all ya need to know about their decision making capabilities....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
anyways its a shame you and tim broke your units on the ride with us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
hope you come back real soon!!!
i enjoyed riding with you and talking after the ride!!!
pm me and we can exchange phone#S

Old 05-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Some guys are very closed minded. I personally think its none of my business what others do and its certainly none of anyone elses business what I do. Just like the bullcrap seat belt law. Here is my view, if Im doing something that is 100% safe to others then let me make my own choice as it isnt effecting others. Dont try to force something on me.

nyroc didnt say a word to any of us about helments because he respects our rights if we choose not to wear one. I really appreciate that also. Sorry you had to cut your ride short because of the swingarm bearings. Have you checked on replacements yet? I will be ordering new struts tomorrow from somewhere if I want to ride in two weeks.

Old 05-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

KOD, I haven't had the time to call that one place about the sealed bearings. I had ordered stock bearings ($17 each) before I saw that guy's post.

I am just going to put the stock bearings in. It will be as good as new, or perhaps better if I use marine grease on the bearings. I should have it fixed before this weeked.

The procedure actually isn't that hard and doesn't take that long. I still recommend that everyone do it, especially if you get squeaking sounds from the rear.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

hey KOD!!!
whats up?
called you the other night but you werent home yet from work yet....
how did your virginia ride go?
arkansux is finally behind me and richmond is in 3 weeks...hope to hookup with ya before then!!!
whats your work schedule this week?
talk @ ya later.....was gonna call ya this eve.....but its 10:15 and i just got in from digging fence post holes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: KISSSOFDEATH
Some guys are very closed minded. I personally think its none of my business what others do and its certainly none of anyone elses business what I do. Just like the bullcrap seat belt law. Here is my view, if Im doing something that is 100% safe to others then let me make my own choice as it isnt effecting others.q]

Sorry KOD if this is your POV. That's ok by me. I'm not forcing you to do anything and for my sake don't wear a helmet just because I told you or want you too. I guess the accident here has effected so many people including myself, just incase you are not aware the driver of the ATV here was killed at the scene only because he wasn't wearing a helmet. So driving without a helmet is 100% safe... that's crap and that's fact not my POV. If this was the case helmets would be unheard of. When I hit a animal on the highway with my motorcycle in the middle of the night, my helmet saved my life, the scrape marks on my helmet proves that I went quite a distance on my helmet and you don't drive a motorcycle any safer than I do. {EDIT HERE 15 minutes Later (deleted something that probably shouldn't have been said}

Your actions will effect your family and friends in many ways that you probably don't see. I hope you never have to go through the experience I had because your views would change over night. Saying I'm closed minded is wrong and it ticks me off, talk to anyone that knows me well. Just because I'm concerned about this type of experience because it was so awful to me I don't want to see Nyroc or anyone else have to go thru it... so don't hit me down. I learn by mistakes, I try to foresee issues and I try to prevent problems. When something goes wrong with my ATV for example I don't ask just how to fix it I ask how can I prevent this from happening again. If I was so darn closed minded I wouldn't even mention this because I wouldn't care. This topic is hard for me to talk about right now too because of personal feelings. Sorry if you feel I am preaching to you that's not what I intended to do.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer

Hoooooooooooo sumthin stanks!!!!
somebody done stepped in some #### !!!!
i prefer people to ride with helmets!!!!
i will tell em all the old standbys.....but in the end its still their decision!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Badlands XTR report