Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Badlands XTR report

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badlands XTR report

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive".

I don't mean to disrespect those that mourn for dead loved ones by saying this, but they need to chill out a little because we are all going to live again - permanently. So many people either don't know this or seem to forget it.

If one of my helmetless riding budies died, I would be sad, I would go to the funeral. But, I would be consoled knowing that I will see them again.

There is something that people never talk about (because they can't explain it). There are many graves in central america that have all the burial preparations, face masks, clothes - the works. But there is no BODY. Not even a decayed one. Those graves contained people that have ressurected. The bible speaks of the resurection of righteous people after Christ's resurection.

Face it, sooner or later your Dead friends, your dead parents, all you dead loved ones will live again. Exactly when they rise is not known but it is getting closer.

Kawi650, that dead friend of yours will be back. He will look young, like 21-25. He will never age. He can not be hurt. He won't need a helmet. There will no longer be any blood flowing. I don't know how that works, but blood will not be a part of a resurected body. Everyone will be young looking. Even that guy who rides his ATV with one arm will get that arm that he never had.

Now the family, that is a different story. Not everyone gets to live forever with the family that they loved. Some do. Some don't. This is also in the bible. Anyone wants to know, PM me. I hope I don't get kicked off the forum for preaching. They already got mad at me for trying to sell my air compressor.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Dustin, Im off tomorrow and Thursday of this week and Monday Tuesday Friday Sat and Sunday next week. Im going back to VA in two weeks. My wife promised she would baby sit for her sister in law for the weekend, so I guess I will go back in again also. You are welcome to make the trip with us if you like. I will be leaving on Friday and returning on Sunday. Paul aka Nyroc, you are also welcome again to join us again. Maybe you can get Friday off and follow me up. Dustin, think you can get Friday off?

Kawi650, I know you are not forcing me to do anything "you cant as far as that goes". I also wouldnt wear a helment if you told me to. AND obviously you didnt read my reply very well at all.

I said, " Here is my view, if Im doing something that is 100% safe to others then let me make my own choice as it isnt effecting others. Dont try to force something on me."

If you cant figure that out by reading it let me explain it another way, "if I dont wear a helment it is 100% safe for other riders" as it has no bearing on anyone else but ME ME ME!!. I DID NOT say its 100% safe to ride without a helment as it obviously isnt, BUT, I accept my risk and am soley responsible for my actions. So how about letting the helment bull sheet die.

Next time please completely read the post before replying.

Old 05-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

KOD, it would be easier for a camel to pass though the eye of a needle than for me to get friday off. I will try.

They have me in this position of not being able to decide my schedule far in advance. I am too inexperiened to get a 4-10 shift. they can't allow me to work late because they need more experienced people there.

I have to bend over backwards and fill out forms to get a day off. Plus some people told me that if I ask for enough days off, they will give me the whole year off (without pay).

Another thing, I found out that if I was able to stay and get seniority, I could get days off easily. The pay and benefits are really good too. Plus, free unlimited soft drinks and bottled water. I haven't ever had a job this good and I need to try to keep it.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Thats okay. We will have plenty of oportunities to ride on Saturday with Dustin at his riding place. I would ride there in two weeks instead of going back to VA if Susie hadnt promised her brother and sister in law she would baby sit while they went to Gatlinburg TN.

I would never want you to jeapordise your job for the sake of riding an atv. I have an important question to ask and will call you tomorrow night sometime.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

KOD you have a PM

Old 06-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Religion and safety aside- What sizes are Badlands offered in currently (meaning is there anything other than a 25x8-12 and a 25x10-12?) From what I'm hearing in this thread (aside from the damn side arguement on helmets and the word of the lord), this may be the tire I'm looking for. Read too much about issues on the ATRs and Bighorns having quality problems to pay for them. Badlands are lightweight too.

Old 06-26-2004, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

They also come in 25x11-12. I mistakenly put the 25x10-12 on my 8" wide wheels. There is no wheel protection from rocks with a wheel this wide with a tire this narrow.

Anyway, I actually like the badlands a bit better than the holeshots.

The tread patern is rounder, so I feel it handles better for rough and uneven terrain riding. Also accoding to kisssofdeath, the Badlands are slightly better in mud than holeshots are.

They seem to bite into dirt and sand and rocks about the same. The holeshots may give a little better launch while racing.

I am very glad I got the badlands.

No quality issues either. They are well balanced.

Old 06-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

I highly recommend the Badland radials. They will be my next tire. I will also go with the 11" wide rear. The Badlands and the ATRs did very well in the rocks at Mountain City last weekend. I do feel the Badlands are a tad better in the mud

Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer

Nyroc
I have the badlands as well---11 INCHERS on the back they are mounted on itp #6 series wheels. I have ever so slight wheel shake, I am playing with pressures right now. I also discovered my right front itp wheel had a tiny tiny leek right through the aluminum---wierd.What pressures do you run in yours if I may ask?

Old 06-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

5psi each. I set it at 5psi and never changed it, so I don't know what it is like harder or softer.

I haven't had any leaks. Chances are if you took yours to the tire store to get them mounted, the tire store's machine bit small chunks out of the bead. I have seen them do that a lot to ATV tires.

Quick Reply: Badlands XTR report