Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kawi KBEC Kuriousity

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi KBEC Kuriousity

hey newbeatle i jush viewed your pics they are the best that i have seen as for as getting me hipe on the prarie you have to tell me did your wife have any problems with the pit ride she did if so what was it if not you will be my last consultant as to if i own the p360 today let me have all your highlights please and or down falls thanks.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawi KBEC Kuriousity

REAPER... you are looking at the 360, if I remember right ??? ... bone stock, it is a good base quad... you get alot of the benifits of the big Prairie, the excellent front locking lever ( I like it better than a fully locking button, because it can be partially engaged, as a limited slip, or fully engaged... it gives me more options, more control )... you get the MUCH improved gate shifter... on our 300 Prairie, the shifter is the biggest complaint ( same shifter is also on the 400 Prairies ), you get the sealed, oil bath, rear brakes... much improved over the older small Prairies seal rear drum brakes...

a few of the complaints about the 360, have been... lack of instrument panel... although a speedo is available, from Kawi... lack of top end speed / power... the 360 has good useable trail speed & power, but lacks road legs, as mentioned by MOSES, in another thread... the 360, has a good belt drive system, I currently have the 360 belt in my 750 cc Prairie... too much engine noise / viberation... this is typically a complain from people that have ridden the V Twin Prairies, as they are much more smooth & powerful...

My wife is awesome... she has no problem beating all the guy's, in the less than 500cc 4 X 4 class at the mud races, except for last year ( she was beaten by a 450 Honda )... our 300 Prairies drivetrain is stock... the front end is custom, as she T-Boned a tree at 30 mph 2 years ago now, we run the light weight stock Dunlops, & stock aluminum wheels, off of my "big Prairie", as the 300 had steel wheels... the quad goes through the pit well enough with her on it, that she regularly "stirs up" the pit, after it gets reworked, between classes... it has never gotten stuck at a mud race, even working the pit, just before the open "big tire" class...

follow along with the 360 threads, MOSE, & UNTHIAS, etc are making good stride in upping the performance of the 360... MOSES will be trying one of my performance modules soon, & we may find that that wakes up the power even more...

Good luck with your decision, & purchase...