Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What do the P700 Owners Suggest.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do the P700 Owners Suggest.

I just got word today that I am getting my P700 next week. I am getting ITP MudLites, 2500lb winch and the back seat/box added at the dealers. I plan on putting the clutch spring in just after I get it home. What other mods do you P700 owners suggest I do to make it:
A/ Handle better,
B/ Run Better,
C/ Faster. Money is not a problem, I also found out that I am getting $10,000 besides the bike. Lottery, lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well I suggest you send about $3,000 down to me in Greenville, IL. Just kiddin[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm not an owner yet, but I'm looking to buy a 650 Prairie in late summer,early fall and I've learned quite a bit about these machines. The very first thing I would do after the secondary spring is installed is get a set of front springs from either Progressive or Elka. Elkas are going to be way more expensive, but a lot more customizable. Either will solve the "front end dive" problems during hard cornering that is experienced on a Prairie with normal front suspension. I'm not sure if any of the modules work for a 700 Prairie, but if they do, my vote goes for the DG3 from Diamond G Racing. This would give considerably more hit off the low-end and pull much stronger all the way to the top speed. Also makes starting easier and the bike runs cooler. A snorkel from Diamond G, jet kit, and full exhaust system would also really help too, but be careful which exhaust you select. Do some research of your own, but please get one of the quieter exhausts for the sake of the sport!

Old 06-04-2004, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Which clutch spring...primary, both, total kit? I agree with RedGoblin on the Elkas and dyna cdi or dg3 (the jury is still out IMO). Both my Dyna CDI and Elkas work great.

There's only a few things to do....increase air in and out, cdi,clutching....since you can afford it, when the mods are done, you might want to go to a dyno and get your jetting and clutching dialed in on the button.

I like the red logo...maybe with a little more black outline?

Old 06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

After clutching, I'd get Elka suspension all the way around, a full set of ricochet skid plates. Then decide between the Dyna or the DG3. After that if you want more power start looking at opening up the air coming in and air going out. I like the keeping the noise down so I havn't done much there.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

The reason I didn't recommend primary clutching (besides the black secondary spring of course) was that on KISSOFDEATH's primary spring test, he said that the stock Prairie 700 spring was probably the best trail rider. Unless you want a monstrous hit off the bottom end, this will be bad for rocks and trails though. You can check out the spring test on Nyroc's website, as well as TONS of other useful information: http://www.atv.dnsalias.com

Old 06-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

what you need is have a good trip accross NFLD! Contact Reds650 about a lowend frequency thingy it will make it run cooler and better. Water wetter will help too. I know it's hard but I would keep away from CDI for a little while longer! I ran my break in with stock springs because I felt it was more suitable for break in! The springs are more a long term longevity thing for me than extra power. Also it comes with the extended warrenty I think you can now increase to five years! LOL Also get a Twin air or K&N filter, (I ordered Twin for my 700).

Old 06-04-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

Jason, I will be in touch with you for one of those trips. I just want to get my feet wet with this thing for a few weeks first.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I just checked with my dealer and he has the Dalton kit in stock. Would you all recommend I have him install this before I pick up the bike, or should I wait until the 10hr service?

Old 06-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I really don't see the springs making that much of a difference on the way the bike breaks in. The reason I opt to leave it stock if if in the first 10 hours is if something was wrong Kawi couldn't blame it on the springs... (what colour springs I'm guessing blue? I personnelly wouldn't want an orange spring on break in RPM is too high). I would buy the springs now but install them later.