Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

John Deere ATV Yes/No

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Deere ATV Yes/No

all I know is those things are uglier than a pol-yer-***!.....THATS UUUUUUUUUUUGLY!!!
They look like a handicap grocery cart...yuck!

Old 06-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think alot of you guys have lost the origional Idea of what a UTILITY quad was meant for: WORK.
The bombardier Utes are designed for working/hauling,and comfort. Most of the the UTEs today are being mad with the trail-rider in mind and the machines are getting fastand more aggressive for the SPORT side of the SPECTRUM.

Bombardier has never advertised its big UTEs as a "long jumping,donut spinning" sport utility. But for the INTENDED purpose I think htye are very well thought out. Remember most of the folk woking todays farms are not all 35yrd old and younger. A large portion are the 50 yrds and OLDER that I think really will appriate what this quad will do for them.

1) ROTAX is one of the very best engines made in the world
2) set-through design is very handy when you gettin on and off the every few minutes working cattle or moving load about.
3) the 650 4x4 system is thier all the time when you need it, so no need to stop what your doing to lock up anything.

For most of us on this forum, the SPORT/UTES are what appeals to us. but if we used are ATV strickly to get jobs done. we might think differently

bigger.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
I think alot of you guys have lost the origional Idea of what a UTILITY quad was meant for: WORK.
The bombardier Utes are designed for working/hauling,and comfort. Most of the the UTEs today are being mad with the trail-rider in mind and the machines are getting fastand more aggressive for the SPORT side of the SPECTRUM.

Bombardier has never advertised its big UTEs as a "long jumping,donut spinning" sport utility. But for the INTENDED purpose I think htye are very well thought out. Remember most of the folk woking todays farms are not all 35yrd old and younger. A large portion are the 50 yrds and OLDER that I think really will appriate what this quad will do for them.

2) set-through design is very handy when you gettin on and off the every few minutes working cattle or moving load about.
3) the 650 4x4 system is thier all the time when you need it, so no need to stop what your doing to lock up anything.

For most of us on this forum, the SPORT/UTES are what appeals to us. but if we used are ATV strickly to get jobs done. we might think differently

bigger.

Very well put!

Old 06-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Range Rover

That split seat bomb would make a good cattle tender or fence mender maitenence vehicle probably my first choice if I was a heardsman and fixing miles of fence looks mighty handy, if I cut myself I bleed green anyway but when the work was done and I had to go to the barn the V twin would be backout for chasin and shootin varmits, jumpin fences , doin dognuts, wheelies, burnin hills and mud, and doing burnouts in 2wd on cow pies roosting my friends.lol J.H.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said earlier, I have not found a better WORk quad yet. It is no where near as fun or sporty to ride as a new prairie or Grizzly, but, I love the step though design when I am getting on and off every 10 ft. I also love the huge storage cooler type thing in the front. Also, the all wheel drive system works very well. Not hard to turn at all.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

Sure it is
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

bigger.
Uhhh, well, maybe this is just a fluke, but the 650 Quest that I rode belongs to a friend of mine. He was having trouble pulling a small disc for his garden trying to loosen the soil up. He had to really keep the revs up and it was having a tough time with turns and stopping occasionally. He finally got fed up and I hooked the disc up to the ol' Rubicon. Pulled a lot better than his and mine's a 500. I finished the garden for him. I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's probably not, what I consider anyway, the best utility machine on the market. As for the 4x4 system, on a 650 or 700 Praire for example, you don't have to stop to lock up anything. You simply pull a lever. Just some food for thought.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

Metallike, wheres that spooky avatar LOL. Green paint has the best resale hands down, go try to buy a used one there is a reason for this , its called quality, a lot of there early compact tractors were yanmar mfg, some of them were not very good IMO. Others like them. (I was a john deere mechanic for 4 yrs and been farming for 42 yrs) My brother and I bought a 1959 J.D. 730 diesel for 6,500.00 (To restore ,Guy seen us coming) dumped 2,000.00 in it and have been offered 8,500.00 (can recover the $$ if we had to) in 1959 it cost 3,400.00 new!! Jim @ jhmachine .

Old 06-07-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

spooky avatar?..you mean Eddie from Iron maiden..lol..

Old 06-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Range Rover

Mightbe hes a scary lookin cat cool avitar J.H.

Quick Reply: John Deere ATV Yes/No