Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

V-Force muffler mod....NYROC....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Force muffler mod....NYROC....HELP!

Hmmmm, let's try this again....on NYROC's sight there is a muffler mod for Prairie 650's, but it explicitly rules out doing this cut, drill, reweld mod to a V-Force, Can someone please explain why?

And while we're on the subject, what jetting changes were necessary on the Prairies with this muffler mod?

I know, I'm hard headed and persistant...just looking for a little guidance, if there is any to be had on the subject of V-Force muffler mods, after the disclaimer I read at NYROC's. Guidance or not....I'm gonna start cutting either this week-end or next. Gotta see for myself, whether there's a few cheap H.P. lurking in that black can, just waiting to be released....

Guess I better go ahead and order a pink spring....opening the air box...jetting.....so far, this looks pretty low budget. The best fun you can have!

Old 06-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

It takes about one ful jet size more on the 650, and either a Dynojet needle notch richer or about .040 to .070 on the stock needle.

Look, I talked to a guy that completely hollowed his 650 muff out. I did come up with the hole drill mod after he told me how the baffles looked. At least nobody appeared to have done it first. It only took a day with nothing better to do. I knew I was gonna order an aftermarket if I busted it.

The point here is not that I did it first, but that I was dumb enough to take the chance on it since I hadn't seen it done, and smart enough to ask someone about what it looked like inside.

I wrote not to do it to the V700 muffler on my website because someone else said it didn't look right to just drill holes down the center and sides, not because I knew for sure. However, nobody I know has tried it.

I would like to suggest considering cutting the outer can off in such a way that you can wel it back together real neat. That way, whatever you find on the inside, you can make it bigger, put hole through it anyway you like and stuff.

I think if you do like our 650 mufflers it wont quite work right. Not sure.

You are either gonna be the pioneer of vforce muffler mods, or your are goona make a mess and need to buy aftermarket. So, GO FOR IT! CUT THAT SUCKER. Take lots of photos. MAke a tech tip in MS word. Email it to me. I will convert it to a tech tip and let everybody see it.

Old 06-09-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

If you mess your stock pipe up , I have a backup for ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hi there,i just cut up my badboy last week,pretty simple stuff,the only thing was i dont weld so i took it to my local machinist which is a customer of mine, I cut his hair,he welded my pipe back on,even steven and that sucker sounds sweet,ive had lots of other bikes with aftermarket pipes and this is very close to sounding like one of them,as far as added power,im not real sure cause i just added 27 inch Dirt Devils,so im sure i lost a bit of power there but give it to er man,simple stuff. I didnt rejet or nothin,not nessesary with a 4 stroke, maybey with an aftermarket pipe but thats usually only common in 2 strokes to rejet after piping,happy cutting.
Serge
03 P650
27 Dirt Devils
Nyroc muffler mod[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2004, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

Wellllll......I guesss we'll find out either this weekend or next, 'cause I'm goin' in! I'll try to get some clear pics, and we'll see what happens from there. Besides, if all else fails...there's always MUZZY.
kliff