Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Had my first wipeout (ouch)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had my first wipeout (ouch)

Out on thursday riding like always...at Apex dunes...problem being dunes shift so they are always different each time you go out. I went to my favorite jumping dune and there were 2 guys on Motocycles going in a big circle jumping over and over....so I join them.

I can see the sand has shifted since last week and I notice on the first jump....oh that felt weird. The bike is flying different. But I keep going getting a little higher each jump. Each time it feels weird, it's not jumping right. I should have listening to my gut, on the 5th jump the bike goes into a midair endo, I'm coming down nose first with my @ss in the air. What I should have done is mashed the gas to bring the nose up but after all I am a rookie so my instincts aren't there yet.

I could see the sand getting closer so I bailed, I hit pretty hard.

The way I describe the feeling.....imagine your playing football, you have your arm ready the throw the ball, but what you don't see is the 6.5ft/300lb guy coming up behind you. You get slammed without your body being ready for the hit. That's what it felt like.

I got up right away and jumped back on the bike, it seems fine the bike is not damaged...sand afterall... did one more little doughnut to show everyone I'm allright and sat there for a second to actually check to see if I was.

I'm sore in the area that hit the sand first, every part of my body had sand in/on it.. but I'm ok.. I'll be walking funny for a few days. I can't wait to heal up.....that dune has my name on it!

Old 06-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Royalty Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your okay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thats always nice...

btw, I like the punisher logo...

Old 06-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you and your quad came out ok. Actually, it sounds like you were lucky. I landed just like you described (except I never jumped off my quad) when I attempted a 3 foot double at a local MX track...my P650 did not appear to be damaged from this bad landing, but my doctor confirmed that I sprained my right wrist (I had to wear a wrist guard for about 2 months and continue to wear it for another 6 months whenever I went riding). My wrist seems fine now, but I do try to be extra cautious about jumps...I suppose the P650/P700 was not really designed for big air anyway.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]