Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Prairie 360 sets world land and speed record!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prairie 360 sets world land and speed record!

OMM
Well i couldn't wait for the spacers, so i rigged up a nylon washer, will use the spacers u send to replace my crappy homade washer. all i got to say is WOW what a difference i checked it agnist a gauge i have here and it was around .60 took the 360 up the street, the neighbors really love me now with no baffel in the muffler, idle was better midrange was better and even low end torque. Thanks for showing us the way with this mod. now i gotta figure out these jets. well just an update from me

Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Does taking the baffel out make that big of a diffrence in performance at all or just the sound??

Old 06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats Lowestaco---I would bet the needle shims make the most difference---I sent the brass washers off to you on monday, but if you are runnin good with the plastic washers DONT TOUCH IT!!!
Newbeatle is sending me a module, keep your fingers crossed that this works---a bit of tire spin from a dead stop would make me happy .

keep me posted---you may also want to try a black clutch spring---I think this gave me a lot more hookup at low end, although it feels less because now that it is hooking up better, motor is not powerful enough to handle it---maybe the module could improve????????

Crayton--I noticed very little difference after drilling my muffler out and removing baffles----My motor didnt really respond to any of the mods until I started playing with the needle shims and jets

Old 06-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

I dont kno how to do any of that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

neither did I until I started taking things apart---might do you some good to purchase the service manual.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OleManMoses...........I checked out your pics and I have to say I was caught off gaurd on you wives 3 quads, I was rolling on the floor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, her braggin rights would look somethin like this-

1990 Pony: Titanium Shoes-Custom Saddle and Bridle-Great w/kids and trail broke.

1995 Appy: Fly Mask-Good Jumper- Neck reigner.

1998 Paint: My Baby-Beautiful-Luv This Horse- Well Behaved- Low Mileage-Good on Gas(giving, not recieving)

Old 06-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

OMM
Where did u get your spring, i want to get one. i ordered the dynojet kit today from highlifter and a spark arrester baffel combo from hmf. i talked to the guy at highlifter about their clutch kit and from what he said it wouldn't really help unless i had bigger tires. well i'll try the shims when they get here as far as help with taking everything apart Crayton i think the with the service manual and a little common knowledge it shouldn't be a problem i found a website www.700v.com that helped me out a little. it has a lot of upgrade tips for the vforce but some of the same principals apply to the 360. well hope that helps out a little. OMM when you get that module i want a full report cauz i want some of that wheel spin also.

Later

Old 07-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Lowes

EPI.com I think for the spring---I got the black spring, and it is listed for the 360

Erland Performance is the company, and the spring was like $25.00
When you punch it from a dead stop now, you can tell there is no clutch slip, but its no rocket ship---seems like the 360 should jerk a little harder from a dead stop than what it does---if the module makes a difference, i think there will be a lotta happy 360 owners out there.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

MOSES... be patient with me, on this module, I'm trying to find the instructions, ( the wires are different colors than the others, & I want to insure that you'd be hooking it up right )... maybe I'll UPS it out today, & find the instructions, & tell you which wires to hook... it's got to be in a big stack of papers, at my home office, I never throw anything like that away...LOL...

Quick Reply: Prairie 360 sets world land and speed record!