Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Smoothie hood....where's the ignition go?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoothie hood....where's the ignition go?

Hey guys, and gals

My smoothie hood should be here any day now...and I was looking at the stock nose piece, and i began to think,.....where the heck will my ignition switch go?....is this hard to relocate it?...Does it go on the dash board?...Im lost?! lol
someone tell me how this goes, also i hear the hoods dont like to fit without some custumization, thats great...like i don't already have any...(god those nerfs werent worth it lol)

any how, any help is appreciated....by the way, my graphics kit came in, VERY nice, I checked it out, and it will need some triming, but it looks very nice, the seat cover will also probably need trimming, but right now im saving the kit until I get new plastic, and i feel it will be easier to install the graphics on the plastic that isnt on the quad. I'm hoping she'll look very good when done!

thanks alot all!
~CHRIS~

Old 06-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Common!

any Mojave, kota owners who did this?
any help is appreciated!

Old 06-23-2004, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

I will be in your situation soon. I already thought about putting it inside the fender by the gas shut off.. that way its hidden, either that or just unhook it all together.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hmm.....I would imagine that there is a diagram telling where to re wire or relocate the ignition...I'm probably gonna run it on the dash, this way when I jump it wont stall....(dont ya hate when u land a jump, the key turns and u stall)....
I hear you need to do some cutting to make these things fit.....yet another project...lol

Old 06-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

It can't be too hard to do, as long as you take your time and do it carefully. I would probably just get rid of it all together no need for one in my opinion.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well guys, after hard work......no idea what I'm doing.....I finished.
lol

first off...when you take the stock noisepiece off....two things keep it on the ignition and head light.
Unscrew the ignition...(can do it by hand)....since i may want a head light someday I simply pulled the bulb out and took it off....covered the headlight holder thing and tucked it in.

next I relocated the ignition to the left of the dashboard....works excellent

then when I placed the hood on it didnt fit... damn air tube was in the way......so I had to cut off about an inch of the tube off.....still very tight fit...but i didnt want to cutmore

then you have to drill holes in the hood to put the screws in (ohh i forgot first you need to replace the clips that the screws go in.......Maier only gave me 4 for the 6 slots their needed in(but they gave me an extra screw!) so i used 2 of the stock hood bolts for the middle slots

ounce all this was done.....with a little effort.....it bolted on pretty good.....Im gonna have to fine tune it....and find something to cover the air tube.....other then that man it looks cool....black to the blue.....#96

very cool.....not worth 50 bucks tho lol
take it easy
~CHRIS~

Old 06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

i would just get rid of the key and put a tether on the bars
you can put it any where the wires will let you just drill a hole for it and dremil the little part that keeps it from turning

i should be gettin a scanner any time now so ill show ya my set up it has a screened hood with no key or switches on the bars just a pro design tether with a KX250 shorty cluth lever and quick ajust perch it looks sweet